Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,930 Posts
How deep was it? The color is gone at that depth, unless the water is dirty.

This is 70ish.

And a question. How do you know when the structure is directly under the boat short of getting camera stuck?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good electronics. I can usually stop directly over a coop/wreck, or within a few feet. It's just a matter of time before I loose the gopro, and have to call in a diving friend to retrieve it.
Once on the American Spirit, I had the gopro deployed and was fishing at the same time. Capt. Green saw my gopro rod bend over, he yanked it into reverse and backed away a few feet. Later, video showed it hanging up in the wreck. Will post video if I can locate it.

Update; found it!

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,930 Posts
So the good electronics has a narrow beam better than 200 kHz? Just trying to understand.
Here's video of 70' for the color. Green is starting to show.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My main bottom machine is a Furuno 585 with a thru hull 1k transducer. It stays on 200 khz in under 400' of water. Easy to get right up on top of a wreck. Minn Kota holds the boat still, we often catch the wreck.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,930 Posts
Good idea! Have to see what's out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That’s an awesome video. I’ve tried and the videos I got were shaky, unlike yours. Any chance you could share a pic of how you tied your camera onto your setup?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts