Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what’s the latest - prefer free or maybe a one time charge. Need to be able to cache areas for offline use. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Navionics or whatever the updated name is. I think for my IPAD it was $30 or 35. You can download areas, and use it offline. It gives depths and contours, you can save spots, input coordinates for reefs. Moving map display, pretty useful. I think boats need to head in the same direction as autos where the display in the boat mirrors your mobile device via Bluetooth. The downside is trying to use a portable device on the water, in motion, with glare and small size of device, you still need a sonar too.

Uhhh. Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
x2 for OnX, yearly fee of 25-30 for one state and gives you everything you could ever hope for in terms of features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Downloaded hunt stand last night anybody know if I can cache an area to view when I don’t have good cell signal?

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
I’m not 100% positive but app should work regardless of cel signal strength because it’s using gps function in phone....

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m not 100% positive but app should work regardless of cel signal strength because it’s using gps function in phone....

Yes but if you can’t get a cell signal you can’t have the map, just a gps dot on a blank screen. If they let you save the map, as long as you are somewhere within the saved map area - your good

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check out Avenza Maps. Maps are downloaded so you can use them offline. Your pos is shown on the map using GPS. It's free.

·
One eye fishing,
655 Posts
Backcountry Navigator. The free version has easy downloads and works well. The cheap paid version is even better... Both versions work with no cell signal while your phone is in airplane mode.

·
Registered
732 Posts
When I was in Colorado I tried using hunt stand. It works down here but it sucked out there and the maps were extremely blurry. But OnX was the best one I used while having no service and worked great in the backcountry of Colorado.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Check out Avenza Maps. Maps are downloaded so you can use them offline. Your pos is shown on the map using GPS. It's free.

I use Avenza , I've bought certain maps ( for national forest) , makes it so much better and the maps are pretty cheap.

I also use Hunt Stand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts