Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Brandon pretty much summed it up.

I have to say Thank You to Tommy & everyone with Team Outcast. I know Sam was with them & forgive me I can't remember the other guys. Between insurance, Boat US, & FWC I heard a lot of names. Again I cannot thank those guys enough.

Thanks to the man upstairs, everyone on the boat knew exactly what to do. Tommy & 3 other boats were on us in seconds. Tommy had us out of the water in less than 5 minutes. Lifeguard swimmers and a rescue jet ski was on scene within 10-15 minutes. Boat US (Captain Mack) had the boat upright and pumping the water out. They had her under tow, four miles from the pass by 8 pm. The rollover happened @ 3:30.

Everyone escaped without a scratch. The boat is insured. It could have been much worse. I am so thankful that no one is hurt.

I have to say that I am proud to be part of a community of fishermen who RACE to the aid of people in distress. Again I am sorry for not remembering a name, but someone gave us a ride from Day Break Marina to Shoreline. Thank you for saving me the cab ride. I owe you a case of beer.

THANK YOU Team Outcast, Boat US, the Lifeguards, and the other 3 boats that came to our aid. I owe you guys many, many beers!

If I forgot anyone I apologize, it was a bitch of a day.

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Willie gave us a ride from the marina back to our cars. Thanks again to everybody that helped out and if there's ever anything I can do, please feel free to ask away!

·
Premium Member
11,157 Posts
glad everyone was o.k. good to know you can count on people. hate to hear about anything lost but the important thing is everybody was allright.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dont know you guys but I am sure happy everyone is alright. There is something good to be said about having a crew(and the other surrounding boaters)that had the knowledge or instict to know what to do in this situation . I believe my very next crew meeting will be covering this topic.

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
Pass Time (4/7/2010)Dont know you guys but I am sure happy everyone is alright. There is something good to be said about having a crew(and the other surrounding boaters)that had the knowledge or instict to know what to do in this situation . I believe my very next crew meeting will be covering this topic.
I do believe that played a big part in the situation was everybody remaining calm and knowing what to do in the heat of the moment. It is something that everybody should be informed of if the situation ever arises, god forbid.

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Glad to hear it all worked out!! This is a good reminder to everyone about having a float plan, a ditchbag, and neccesary equipment! Fortunetly this happened during cobia season on the beach, and not 20-100 miles offshore!!

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were all off the boat as it rolled and back on the upturned hull in under a minute. I popped up out of the water and counted heads. We latched onto the boat and did an "Everybody o.k." everyone answered yes. Honestly (in light of it all) you could have made a training video out of the incedent.

Pass Time, at the least I hope our incedent gives everyone something to add to their safety knowledge. Sometimes I think I tell people so much when they step on my boat, it makes them think twice about getting on. I doubt I will ever feel over informative again.

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
SaltAddict (4/7/2010)We were all off the boat as it rolled and back on the upturned hull in under a minute. I popped up out of the water and counted heads. We latched onto the boat and did an "Everybody o.k." everyone answered yes. Honestly (in light of it all) you could have made a training video out of the incedent.

Pass Time, at the least I hope our incedent gives everyone something to add to their safety knowledge. Sometimes I think I tell people so much when they step on my boat, it makes them think twice about getting on. I doubt I will ever feel over informative again.
We really could have, it was a text book example of what to do. I didn't even think about it, it was strictly run off of instinct on what to do. I just hope that somebody learned something from all of this, as far as what to do in an emergency situation.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Guys, I know the forum has been slow lately, but you didn't have to go to so much trouble to it going.

Naw, I'm kidding. Like one of you said, I have earned a lot from reading the post and plan on adding some extra safty equipment. I don't get out of sight of land but that does not mean crazy stuff can't happen near shore. Glad everyone is home safe.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Great job OUTCAST and thank god none of you guys were hurt. :angel

Look on the bright side. You will be able to get a new boat, downside is you will have to go through that pesky break-in period. :usaflag

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am glad we could be there to help. I am sure that it will be a day to remember for all involved. Icaught myself yesterday looking at other boats and counting the number of people in the tower because it was a little rough. This should be a wake up call for us all to be careful on top loading the boat especially in rough conditions.

·
Registered
941 Posts
awesome response by all involved..

I do have one question tho.. how many of you were wearing life jackets?... i try to always wear mine, not that im safety conscious it is just that i do not swim.. and as you know when something bad happens you may not have any time to put one on.

rich

·
Registered
174 Posts
HAVING BEEN THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED I WAS CONCERNED WHEN I SAW THE PROP SPINNING AND NOT KNOWING IF IT WAS GOING TO HIT SOMEONE. I'M GLAD IT DIDN'T BUT IT MAKES ME THINK AGAIN ABOUT KEEPING THE KILLSWITCH LANYARD ATTACHED TO THE HELMSMAN.:moon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts