Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that FishnLane had not posted since 04/14/10, so I called her.

She did not know the forum was back up,when she tried, it came up error.

I walked her through these tasks.

1. Delete PFF from your favorites.
2. Delete cookies.
3. Delete temporary internet files.
4. Delete broswer history.
5. Google Pensacola Fishing Forum.
6. It pops up.
7. Save it to favorites.

Then she could see the new forum for the first time.

So, if you know someone that has not posted, you may want to call them and walk them through this procedure in an effort to restore them to our community.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I too had the same problem. I kept checking the forum via my old saved favorite and was receiving the error message. Did the "Google" thing for PFF and behold here I am! Had to go and delete the old favorite and re-do to the new. Must be one of those mysteries of the computer thingy. Glad I found my way back. :D</p>

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">In my case, all this only works for about 12 hours. Then it no longer recognizes my login.& I have to delete all my history again. </p>
<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">I DO NOT like losing my history, I use it too much!!</p>
<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">
</p>
<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">So what to do?? What to do??</p>

BananaTom (21/04/2010)I noticed that FishnLane had not posted since 04/14/10, so I called her.

2. Delete cookies.
6. It pops up.
7. Save it to favorites.

So, if you know someone that has not posted, you may want to call them and walk them through this procedure in an effort to restore them to our community.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Maybe that was the whole idea behind the software upgrade. The true PFFR's would find there way back and everyone else would be left behind. One way to weed out some of the ignorance. I'm just kidding of course, but it is a thought.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
This is a pain I must say. The forum works pretty well from work on my XP Laptop but at home where I'm using Windows 7 I've had to login again everytime I want to post something:banghead And yes I have deleted all my history, cookies, etc. twice now:banghead Can't wait until all the fixes are in and it's back to normal. I know the guys are working hard on it so no worries guys, just doing some more venting, seems to be my day for it:banghead

·
Registered
859 Posts
thanks BT.
finally on but what a trip. I'm not a guru with the computer but you successfully gave me directions that i coulld follow.
Lets spread the word !!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I followed all of the steps listed and have been able to log on with no problems. We've gone thru the same steps on George's computer and have yet to be able to log him back on. He can get onto the site and read, just can't log on to post anything. Hope the updates that Chris has coming will fix all these little issues.

BTW Chris, the new format looks great - I've just got to figure out how to use it all!!! Thanks for all that you do for us!!:bowdown

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Found you; again,\; from Missouri, by way of Wade through Facebook.. You can run, but you can't hide...for long!

I brought the laptop with me to work on Alluring Creations' website and on-line shopping cart, and thought I would be able to communicate with PFF. Not so. But, I kept getting notices via email that I had PMs. So, I sent Wade a fb message asking for info, he sent info about getting rid of cookies, (man I love Oreos) and all is well in netland.

It is beautiful here in the Ozark mountains at this time of the year. We have 7 new lambs, 1 baby bull, and NO turkey...yet.

Will be back in time for the McRae outing, GLW and the creek don't rise. lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey Chris,

I am haveing issues reading the posts. The message seems to run off the right side and there is no scroll bar at teh bottom. Is there something in my settings that could be causing it. I do have a widescreen monitor. THanks for all you work. The new format looks great.

Chris

·
Registered
318 Posts
Chris,

There is one more question. I am getting e-mail notifications everytime someone in my contact list posts something. Can I shut that off?

Thanks again,
Chris

·
Registered
380 Posts
BananaTom (21/04/2010)I noticed that FishnLane had not posted since 04/14/10, so I called her.

2. Delete cookies.
6. It pops up.
7. Save it to favorites.

It will also help if between steps 4 and 5, you close and re-open your browser.

I can't even get the forum to run using Internet Explorer, so I'm using Firefox just for it with almost no big problems, just little annoying things. Also using Firefox, it is fast as lightning except during peak usage times.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Big Red (21/04/2010)

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">In my case, all this only works for about 12 hours. Then it no longer recognizes my login.& I have to delete all my history again. </p>

I'm with you Big Red, I have to do the same thing every day now.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,075 Posts
lobsterman (22/04/2010)
Big Red (21/04/2010)

I'm with you Big Red, I have to do the same thing every day now.
</p>

Me too. Hope they get these bugs out of the new system, I have to remember and retype all my passwords to every site I visit. A pain in the rear. </p>

Sea-r-cy</p>

·
Praedator
9,915 Posts
Another thing that I just found. And this is just a preference type thing. The search does not return just one thread. It returns multiple posts from the same thread. I would just like it to return the main thread as a link instead of every post

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Help,,, i cannot log into the forum from my work computer,, home is fine, work no.... i have done everything i know how to,, when i log in it does nothing, no error messages or nothing, just takes me back to the home page...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts