Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got on the sand about 2:00 this afternoon with a falling tide. I wasn't really expecting much, but boy am I glad I was wrong!! We used fresh dead shrimp and couldn't find a flea to save my arse! Ended up losing 6 mystery fish and landing 8 pompano! Only 5 were legal, but the keep to return ratio works for me!! Find deep water in the morning all week and you should hammer them!

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
dorado, I really don't like you right now. I have another 7 hours of work and this was the first thing I saw this morning. im goin to try this afternoon and bag me some!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great catch, if you don't mind sharing what beach or city you were fishing at. Me and a buddy of mine tried Sunday and today not even a nibble in Destin . Used fresh shrimp and fish bites. Great sunset though.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Awesome, hell of a dinner, congrats. Pomps are just badazz, like the big fella in the middle, got that mean muggin look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great Haul. Looks like a you have them figured out!

We hooked up with 4 pomps on Sunday morning. They were hitting ghost shrimp. I had a double drop rig with ghost shrimp on top and fishbites on bottom. All the Pampano hit the shrimp, and i kept catching whiting on the fishbites. We were fishing gulf shores just west of 59.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were fishing on Pensacola Beach and were using shrimp for bait. I wasn't able to find any fleas that day. If work cooperates today, I'm going again this afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts