Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little pier was crowded, wind blowing hard in our faces, the bay was choppy and rough.I managed to get a spot to cast a croaker out. Another guy caught two small sharks. After 1 1/2 hrs I changed baits, a half of blue fish.(head) I was about to wrap it up and head home when my 9500 starts screaming. I lean into it, and the fight is on. It heads for the bridge and almost spools me (400 yrds of 25lb test) I managed to make him turn, by this time reel is sounding sick. 40 min. later we get to see the monster bull. I am wore out. I would have never got a pic of this if it wasnt for the expert leader holding and lasso abilities of Konz, Yankee and his son, crazyfire, and other pier friends. The shark was given to friend,cleaned and is gonna be dinner(s). I will post pics later today.

·
Registered
264 Posts
sounds like you had a great time. I finally got some use out of that damn 6ot rod n reel I have. check out NAS Bull Shark post. got some pics on there

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have more pics, but I cant figure out how to change file type from TIF. I will try to change more pics later.:doh

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nice fish, good job on the toothy. What's the best way to cook them? I've caught about 10 this year and just cut them loose.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From head to fork he was 5 1/2, but he was a fat one.:hotsun I like to eat blacktips, I soak the steaks in itailian dressing for 3-4 hrs, and then blacken on the grill, while basting in lemon/garlic/butter sauce.:hungry

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
It was a great fight for sure! Having to hold that bastard by the leader halfway out of the water for 20 minutes was no fun....but we made it happen! Good job Larry, looking forward to seeing them jaws

·
Registered
829 Posts
for the time i was out there...it was a blast...lookin forward to hittin the water some more...so count me in next time yall go.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hell yeah! Nice land! Very difficult with all the structure and debris out there. I've been losing sharks there for weeks. Glad someone stepped up to the plate.

Where was I? Oh yeah- sick in bed.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hey Larry, I went and boughta pier gaff! We don't have to try and laso them biguns no more, if we plan on keeping them.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright Ray, Is it a pole gaff or a big hook on a rope? I wish there was a way to land big ones without hurting them.(pic and release)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts