Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read no orange required during bow season? Anybody read up on it? If it isnt required do you still wear it? I have heard of people having arrows flung in their direction so safer than sorrier?

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still reads no orange required.... but another question? I. thought crossbows were legal now during archery?

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to take my son out there, he can get a disability permit, but I thought it was legal now? Must not have read enough into it?

·
PFF Official Referee
5,244 Posts
The ref's official answer...
1. Yes... you can use a crossbow on private land...
2. Yes... you can use a crossbow on the WMA's... but only with a disabled permit.
3. No... you do not have to wear orange during archery season.
4. No... I do not wear orange during archery season.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
2. Yes... you can use a crossbow on the WMA's... but only with a disabled permit.
After further review...the Ref's call stands!

I wear orange walking in and out but take it off when I get up the tree.

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.... seeings how I hunt fairly in the open, when I do go to Blackwater, I will be oranged in and out. Side note, I cant believe how many deer are in Blackwater. I cant remember not sitting and seeing atleast a deer. Once you know what to look for, they are everywhere..... but... sticking one may take more time than I have put into it. But not gonna keep me from trying. Thanks for the official review Espo. Good luck fellas

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Espo had it right, and I would suggest that you wear orange whenever you are afoot, and until you are UP in your stand.
I know it sounds crazy, but there are some real idiots out there, especially on WMA's.
I don't want getting stuck with a broad head.

·
Super Moderator
28,145 Posts

SCORE!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your hunting near a lot of people during archery you don't know.....u probably will not be to successful........
Didnt realize there were places not within shouting distance of others?? I had many does and a few small bucks walk right up to me in riffle season. Assuming bow was the same. Doesnt matter, just glad to be in a tree

1 - 20 of 20 Posts