Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to do man drives in the still hunting area? I had my hunt ruined yesterday about noon by a couple of guys hooting and hollering behind me then someone shot at something. I see no difference between man drives and dog drives, both serve to force deer out from hiding and I would rather wait for an unsuspecting buck to walk by me. Ruining my hunt suxs.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Is it legal to do man drives in the still hunting area? I had my hunt ruined yesterday about noon by a couple of guys hooting and hollering behind me then someone shot at something. I see no difference between man drives and dog drives, both serve to force deer out from hiding and I would rather wait for an unsuspecting buck to walk by me. Ruining my hunt suxs.
Yeah it is legal..... unfortunately. I drove by some hunters in BW the other day that were posted 10 yards from a paved road. I drove by honking my horn. They were mad but o well you are set up by a paved road where a lot of cars are driving by. Most of the scrub hunters don't care. Embrace the suck and get your grunt call out and toy with them lol To me it isn't hunting. I like to be one on one against the animal and his/her elements. Makes it so much more rewarding to me than waiting on some one to push a deer in my direction.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I just stand up in my stand and get ready to bust whatever is pushed out, it sucks though especially when they do it in the evening around prime time.

·
central florida refugee
571 Posts
i personally enjoy man drives but there is a time and a place for them we check a section for trucks before ever pushing in and have never once walked in on anyone and its never during prime hours either ive had em ruin still hunts for me too man it sux

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
I used to hunt St. Regis WMA back in the early 80s. I loved the place and had some success there. Then a gang started doing man drives at all hours. There were 3 truckloads of them.
They would see your truck, know you were in that section and didn't care.
They would come right by your stand at 6:30 am.
I wrote the game commission and they said they couldn't do anything about it.
I quit hunting there and joined a club because of them. That's how bad it was.
A few years later, I picked up a brochure and saw that they at least started limiting the hours to between 10:00 and 2:00.
So I feel your frustration. It sucks to get up early and get out there just to have your hunt ruined by rude people with no manners whatsoever.
Seems like it could be a dangerous practice. They just might run into a stand hunter who has no more respect than they do and it could get ugly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah it is legal..... unfortunately. I drove by some hunters in BW the other day that were posted 10 yards from a paved road. I drove by honking my horn. They were mad but o well you are set up by a paved road where a lot of cars are driving by. Most of the scrub hunters don't care. Embrace the suck and get your grunt call out and toy with them lol To me it isn't hunting. I like to be one on one against the animal and his/her elements. Makes it so much more rewarding to me than waiting on some one to push a deer in my direction.
Be careful. We had a lady that would drive by us blowing her horn everytime she saw a truck or hunter, until the FWC pulled her over after witnessing it, and told her if she did it again that he was going to charge her with a felony on harassing a sportsman. Then he told us if she did it again to give them a call.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Be careful. We had a lady that would drive by us blowing her horn everytime she saw a truck or hunter, until the FWC pulled her over after witnessing it, and told her if she did it again that he was going to charge her with a felony on harassing a sportsman. Then he told us if she did it again to give them a call.
Seriously harassing sportsman. Well hell I am going to call the game warden when the drivers come by my stand hooten and hollren. Samething! Plus setting up by a paved road lined with hunters is dangerous. Because we all know that there is going to be that one buck that gets missed runs across the road and that hunter will shoot it going across the road.

Not getting into your a$$ about it. I know you were just stating what a game warden said. Just doesn't make any sense what so ever.

·
Super Moderator
19,996 Posts
Pretty sure it's a misdemeanor. And it's a legit law. I had someone that was messsing with me 3 days in a row get a ticket for it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hmm I can actually see how if it is over and over but with a public paved road I mean you are probably going to get people honking a few times plus setting up next to a paved road doing drives isn't the smartest thing in the book.

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
Man driver's are just about as bad as dog hunters... scum of the forest in my opinion.

I seen them down there hunting the paved road yesterday. Nothing "fair chase" about scaring one across a road or having a dog run his ass down. I know we're all hunters, and we're supposed to stick together, but if you drive through the dog area and see how bad the roads are and all the beer cans and trash, your opinion will change quickly!

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
That sucks, another joy of hunting public land.

On the hunter harassment charge, they are serious about it, I guess because of the possibility of someone getting shot, I heard of a story over here last week where a guy was set up on public land that borders a high dollar hunting club, every time one of the club members seen his trucked parked there, they'd go out and start shooting in the air, after the 2 time doing it, the guy that was on the public land called Mr. Greenjeans, the 3rd time he did it, Mr. Greenjeans was there and broke out the ticket book!

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
man driver's are just about as bad as dog hunters... Scum of the forest in my opinion.

I seen them down there hunting the paved road yesterday. Nothing "fair chase" about scaring one across a road or having a dog run his ass down. I know we're all hunters, and we're supposed to stick together, but if you drive through the dog area and see how bad the roads are and all the beer cans and trash, your opinion will change quickly!

Sent from my galaxy s5....
image.jpg

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
From how I read statute 379.105 adopted in 1990,
It's setup for people whom oppose hunting and fishing. To have the intent to purposely interfere with legally harvested fish and game.

I read it as a couple of guys spread out hunting, walking threw the woods trying to jump up legal game, it would be in their right as a licensed and permitted hunter, with the legal ammunition and weapon permitted for that game, on that given day, to hunt in a way of their choice, with no intent of interfering with your legal harvest, because there is no way of proving without reasonable doubt they knew that a certain hunter was at a certain coordinate at a given time, therefore that said hunter/hunters is not in violation of florida state statute 379.105 ( harassing a hunter/angler)

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I believe at some point on public land, we have all walked across a clear cut with a buddy or two, in hopes that the big buck will jump up

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Man driver's are just about as bad as dog hunters... scum of the forest in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....
There's no trash or cans on the side of the still hunt ? The do have trash cans at some of intersections in the dog hunt.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
I believe at some point on public land, we have all walked across a clear cut with a buddy or two, in hopes that the big buck will jump up
There's a right way and a wrong way to do it, just like dog hunting, I never had a problem with dog hunters until I moved to mississippi, when you have 0 regard as to what someone else is doing, it becomes a problem.
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I F$%&ing hate the man drivers in BW. Nearly every one I have come in contact with are inconsiderate of every one else hunting in the area, dangerous, and generally don't give a S#$% about you or any one else. When ever I have been in a stand and they come marching by all they ever say is "sit tight, we might run something by you" Thanks asshole. They block off hundreds of acres at a time several times a day, line up every single road around these areas, paved and dirt, and completely screw up the deer movement of what amounts to hundreds to thousands of acres of land.

Reactions: John B.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Honestly I can say I have never done this. Probably because I only hunt with my dad and he doesn't do it either and we have never had the urge to do it. Usually we are only out of the stand for about 2-4 hours a day. Usually get down about 10:30- 11am and back in around 1-2pm . I have sat in front of hounds before in Virginia. I love hearing the hounds but I felt like it wasn't real hunting to me. I spent more time catching the hounds then sitting on a stand trying to shoot a deer or even seeing a deer. And then the hounds that don't get catched and are left out there by them selves.

·
Registered
14,764 Posts
Who cares if that's what he wants to drive then what's the big deal??? I drive a Toyota. Why is this even in the hunting section??

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts