Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try the bayou tonight. It didn't rain down here today and the winds laying down. And low tide at 1 in the morning. I've been itching to try and tonights the best chance and conditions I've had yet. I'll post later.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here's the count. Three flatties in the boat and one tired flounderer. Well the conditions were perfect last night. Absolutley no wind and the water was super clear. I lost count of how many fish I saw but unfortunatly most were undersized. So out of all those fish I was only able to gig 3 legal ones. Too bad because I would have limited out in about an hour and a half had they been big enough. I got fish to clean now and I'll try to post some pics up later.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Looks like it is going slow for the beginning of the year. You guys are pretty much the benchmark for Floundering in my opinion. Good Luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, which body of water, Escambia, Pensacola, or Perdido Bay. I have been itching to go, fishing, not gigging, but the 3 W's have held me up, Work, Wind, Weather. Hopefully this next weekend will have the water clearer, and I will go Sat/Sun even though it will be a neap tide. Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry can't help you out I'm in Mississippi. All three I gigged were females nothing in their stomachs. There was a lot of bait fish present(finger mullet and minnows) and every flounder I saw was in about a foot of water except one. It was one of the 13inchers I gigged and he was in 3ft of water. Most were also around smaller bayous emptying into the larger one I was on. The tide was in its last four hours of falling. Hope this helps you out some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts