Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Froglegs and I ventured out into the gulf for the first time in our Big Tunas. Fantastic way to spend the morning...unbelievable. I used my Penn Battle 550 for the first time as well. It worked... I am far from an accomplished fisherman...for the first time out, first time using my new gear and a good fish (for me anyway)... I caught two total...a snake and this one...

Froglegs with his son... me with my fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice how do you like the tuna?
LOVE the Tuna. Learned today that I was not in rough water at all yesterday. This morning was a bit of a challenge launching through the surf...kind of fun actually. When wen were fishing, if I got a few wave lengths away from my brother, I could only see his rods sticking up. That said, I never felt unsafe in the Tuna. I was in the single person "low" seating position so the center of gravity was good. The single low seating position is comfortable in rough water, but not great for fishing from the standard rod holder. Its a long reach. It handled well, and I actually surfed in. Don't recommend it, didn't mean to do it, but now I know it is possible. Wouldnt trade the Tuna for anything I have seen. Wish the fishing had been as good as the yak this morning...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts