Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old and score? I think he's 4.5 and 140s. Time is wrong on pics. Weight guess? We had a pic of him from last year but never saw him in the open. Looks like he likes the camera! LOL!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I think he is 4 also.

He scores a little lower than 140 but not much. He does have something that is not real common on Alabama Deer, his Main Beam mass is good all the way out, which will help his score up some too.

B and C - 130 - 135

P and Y - 145 - 155

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,546 Posts
Wow! I wish I was closer to Macon and Bullock. There are always some stud coming out of that area.

I guess your buck at 5+ year old and will easily push into the mid to upper 140's gross.

I thought P+Y and B+C had the same measuring structure. Just different totals make the book for bow or gun. maybe I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am going to go with 4.5 yrs old because in that area, it is not uncommon for bucks to reach that potential at that age. I am going to say mid 130's because the velvet always adds more mass than you think he will have after he sheds it.... And B&C/P&Y do have the same scoring system, the only difference is weapon of the kill...

Either way, I'm popping a cap in him this year if he was on my place...:letsdrink

·
Registered
638 Posts
i will also say 4maby 5 but not 140 velvet all ways makes them look much more massive than they truly are but no doubt great alabama buck good luck

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
thats a stud! after he sheds that velvet he will prolly be in the mid 130s. probablyjust under135. your most likely correct sayin 4.5.. he doesnt have the body of a big old whitetail but he has enough age to grow a couple kickers. kicker points are more common with age.

good luck killin him. hes a wallhanger for sure!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I would definatley ground check that deer! Keep pouring those yellow acorns out and I know where I would be sitting:poke

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,546 Posts
TGillman (9/9/2009)I am going to go with 4.5 yrs old because in that area, it is not uncommon for bucks to reach that potential at that age. I am going to say mid 130's because the velvet always adds more mass than you think he will have after he sheds it.... And B&C/P&Y do have the same scoring system, the only difference is weapon of the kill...

Either way, I'm popping a cap in him this year if he was on my place...:letsdrink
Mass may be skewing my judgement. Plus I'm looking at it from my blackberry and he fills up the whole screen. I'll go with the concensus on the 130's taking that into consideration.

Either way he would take a dirt nap if he stepped out on me!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
What ever he score's he is one awesome looking buck. Ton's of character in his rack. I agree he will push mid 130's gross. Velvet make's them look way heavier than they are. Good luck on getting him.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Caspr21 (9/9/2009)I would definatley ground check that deer! Keep pouring those yellow acorns out and I know where I would be sitting:poke

LOL! We'll put out some of the fake corn piles during the season. LOL! It will be gone for sure by October 15th!:letsdrink

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Garbo (9/9/2009)I think he is 4 also.

He scores a little lower than 140 but not much. He does have something that is not real common on Alabama Deer, his Main Beam mass is good all the way out, which will help his score up some too.

B and C - 130 - 135

P and Y - 145 - 155
My Bad.

B and C - 130 - 135

BuckMasters - 145 - 155 BuckMasters (not P and Y) does not form and tallydeductions.

But, I am still not sure that P and Y deductions are identical to B andC deductions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts