Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with my friend Jason yesterday. Firstwe cruised the beach looking for cobia, chased one around for a while but couldn't get her to eat then we decided to go to a wreck. There were2 more cobia out there but they didn't like us either. The snapper werechewing down the boat! The one in the photo was 10 pounds and a very fun fighton myspinnin gear. I didnot want to throw him back.After whoppin up on them for a while we headed back to shore and trolled for mackerel since we had spotted so many all day. Caught this one little spanish and did the "summer is back dance" and that was it. No keepers but a very fun day and kind of nice not to be cleaning fish after cleanig the boat. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Very nice RS and mac Aqua...too bad the cobia had lock jaw but like you say...nice not having to clean fish after washing the boat...:)

Jimmy

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice catch...those white and red stretches are killer too! Did I see ya'll in an inflatable leaving Navarre beach last weekend headed south?

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
With as many boats as there has been out looking for them and bombing them on the head, I'd have lock jaw too if i was a cobia! Nice pics

·
Registered
16 Posts
The cobes will have to run the gauntlet for a while but will settle down through the summer.

Good to see spanish are showing up. Have a few reports of small ones in the Mississippi Sound north of Dauphin Island harassing speck fishermen.

Glad you could get out and provide photographic evidence of the rare and seemingly endangered ARS.

I think I might have introduced that lil spaniard to the grill accompanied by some lemons and onions and bordered with squash and bell peppers.

A day well spent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts