Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Grayton with the family & took a couple of rods. Talked to a couple other guys fishing when we got there & they hadn't caught anything. After about 2 hours of no action my rod set with fresh dead shrimp got nailed & was letting some line out. After several runs & about 15 minutes my personal best red hits the beach.

·
Super Moderator
29,285 Posts
Never know what you'll hook....great job on the red!:letsdrink

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Nice red! Grayton looks alot calmer than it was the other day when I was working down there! Did I see people drivin on the beach down there?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice Red

Jaster.....Yep! you saw people driving on the beach. If you are a property owner in Walton County, you can get a beach permit and drive down to the water. It sure beats hauling all kinds of equipment down to the beach. Ilike to drive up , get out of the truck and cast out a line. The charter boat captains off of Grayton have it made. It is cool watching them launch the Cape Horns right off the beach and come back in a couple of hours with a boat full of fish.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
^^^ sounds like the old days, would love to be back then. Judging by the price of the shutters I putt on the house down there I will just have to walk, lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts