Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter wants a Macbook laptop for Christmas. She will be needing a laptop for college next year anyway. She says a Mac is the way to go but I noticed they are more expensive than your Dells or Sony's. Whatkind would yall suggest?

·
Registered
201 Posts
well i know for certain she'll be much happier with a mac....(unless she's a computer guru or likes problem solving)

i'll give you an example of why i love my macbook

a few months back my roommate wanted to set her wireless bluetooth printer up to work with her hp laptop.....she was having a tough time getting it to recognize the printer on her computer so she asked me to help.......AN HOUR LATER and after creating about 4 new ports i successfully got the printer to print

i then was curious to see how my computer would fizz up to the task........so i went to my printer options in word, and lord behold, there sat the printer waiting for me to select it........"hey bud, lets party"

so yeah.....any computer will do.....but she'll be happier with the mac imho

·
Registered
183 Posts
I use a Macbook pro, a Mac Pro Tower, and a Mabook G4 for my work. Pretty amazing quality and they have never given me any problems whatsoever. She probably wants an Apple because they currently have the "it" factor going for them. If you want a deal on one, go to the Mac website and on the botom right side of the page is their refurbished units. These come from trade shows and whatnot, still carry the one year warranty and are eligible for Applecare (extended warranty). While they work fine for basic computing like word processing and spreadsheets, etc. they really shine if you do anything graphics intensive like video editing, photgraphy, graphic arts, etc. Good luck, James

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have a IMac and love it never had a problem with it very easy to use once you get use to it. They are a bit more than the other computers but I beleive you will run into less problems in the future.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Buy a

macbook for her. I have had several macs and used an ibook when in college. Now my wife has a Imac and I have a macbook pro.

I use windows based pc computers at work and when I get to work and turn on the computer I have to wait 10 freakin minutes for the thing to start up. My macs only take about 15 seconds to start up.

Spend the extra money and get the Macbook. Get the cheapest one they have if you are worried about cost it is just over $1000. Don't forget to go to apples website and check for referbished ones to save some cash.

Brad

·
Registered
24 Posts
By all means get a Mac! I'm an IT professional and can tell you you wont have any problems with spyware, viruses and the like with a Mac. OS X(Mac's operating system) requires you to enter an admin password before installing programs so you don't have to worry about auto executing malware like you do in windows. OS X is awesome!!! For those that just have to have "winDOZE", you can run bootcamp on an intel based Mac and run dual operating systems, so in essence...you have two computers in one. Hope this helps.

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
I have a Macbook and absolutly love it. Spend the extra money and get it for her. It's very easy to use (I think it's easier than a PC imho)and is especially good with photos and music. If she has an ipod then it will sync with that. I have an iphone and all of my photos, music and bookmarkswentright over to it.I use theIMac's at school and that is what I will buying next for my home computer. I have a Dell now and it is way more trouble than the Mac. As a plus thereare no virus problems with the Mac.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts