Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Just think, with the pontoon boat you could actually fish Two people.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just think, with the pontoon boat you could actually fish Two people.
You know thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this pict. That and how much $$$$$$ he has in this rig, he could have bought a boat. But thats just it, he had the money to do whatever he wanted, and he chose the ski, not my bag but good for him.

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Looks like it is built on the Yamaha 1200 SUV. If you're interested, my 1200 SUV is about to go on the market for a good price. 18 month no fault warranty on the motor, too. Ski is in excellent shape. Just in case you get the idea you want to fish off a ski.

·
153 large fishes
1,882 Posts
X craft in the works

I've been testing a new concept in jet ski fishing...this is completely stable, I wiegh 280 and cannot flip it...can stand and cast as well as take on heavy chop...actually in the painting process...more pics coming soon....o yeah, I contacted the FWC and Coast Guard, a jet ski when combined permanently or semi permanently with a boat or other attaching device can be ran at night, as long as it is outfitted with the proper lighting. This law actually was written for lights on a tug boat that docks inside a notched barge as they become 1 vessel...so does the pwc...so there's the loophole for night fishing a jet ski....actually called the officer who deals with laws and regulations in our region...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Looks like it is built on the Yamaha 1200 SUV. If you're interested, my 1200 SUV is about to go on the market for a good price. 18 month no fault warranty on the motor, too. Ski is in excellent shape. Just in case you get the idea you want to fish off a ski.
More than likely, 9 out of 10 of the nicely setup fishing jet skis will be SUVs. They have tons of room and storage. I did a bunch of research and web surfing on them about a year or two ago with plans of buying one and converting. Missed out on a couple nice ones, and the rest were junk so I moved on.

Sure are nice rides though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Everytime I look at these threads I want to go find me a decent used yamaha waverunner and convert into a fishing machine, but the more I look into it I'd rather just pick up a CC. Still want a jet ski for joy riding eventually though...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
How do they re-board the ski if it flips. That is typically done from the back where those coolers are mounted. The one with the top looks top-heavy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
From the side like a kayak I would assume. My friends in Panama City do it from time to time when the seas are too rough to take the boat out. They say they have never flipped but have taken a nose dive

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
I've been testing a new concept in jet ski fishing...this is completely stable, I wiegh 280 and cannot flip it...can stand and cast as well as take on heavy chop...actually in the painting process...more pics coming soon....o yeah, I contacted the FWC and Coast Guard, a jet ski when combined permanently or semi permanently with a boat or other attaching device can be ran at night, as long as it is outfitted with the proper lighting. This law actually was written for lights on a tug boat that docks inside a notched barge as they become 1 vessel...so does the pwc...so there's the loophole for night fishing a jet ski....actually called the officer who deals with laws and regulations in our region...
I would think if you are drift fishing it would drift a lot slower than say a 21' CC in wind or a ripping tide. Your thoughts on that please. That would be a big plus when fishing alone in itself.

·
153 large fishes
1,882 Posts
I would think if you are drift fishing it would drift a lot slower than say a 21' CC in wind or a ripping tide. Your thoughts on that please. That would be a big plus when fishing

I'm pretty sure that as far as tide, everything drifts close to the same. ..wind could be different than tide due to the profile of the vessel. ..

·
153 large fishes
1,882 Posts
How do they re-board the ski if it flips. That is typically done from the back where those coolers are mounted. The one with the top looks top-heavy.
Its according to how big the operator is...an average guy can manage from the side, but a bigger guy would just keep flipping thr ski from the side...my ski with the inflatable skirt/pontoon has so far been unflippable...I've tried and tried, cornering at speed, standing on one side pulling at it trying to flip it but it wont even get close and I wiegh 280...so its very stable...fishing from a regular jet ski is hard to reach over, or lean any direction without the chance of flipping. ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts