Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Land-Locked
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Crap. Wrong section, if a mod can move this to Surf Fishing Q&A it'd be appreciated!

Was out at Ft. Morgan today throwing paddletails and flukes, just to see what was out there. Didn't bring but a small box of various soft plastics. Anyhow, as I was walking along, I spotted 6-7 reds of various sizes, all of them on the inside of the first bar, and none of them would eat anything I'd brought. Anyone have any suggestions on what to throw next time? Wish I'd have had a gold spoon.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I had posted a lure selection post in the surf Q&A section. You could look there or just go with this:

For Reds in the surf right now you will want a sinking twitchbait, Rat-L-Trap or soft plastic. Something that gets down fairly quickly and has plenty of vibration. Spoons will work too of course but I can tell you I have only caught a couple Reds in the surf this year using them so I wouldn't suggest them as my "go to". That has to be taken with a grain of salt of course considering the reason I didn't fish them as much was the interference from Blues and Ladyfish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts