Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good resources for learning how to use lures? I've tried youtube and google with limited success. Most were vids of people already reeling in fish on the lures. Interested in learning how to use some of the gulp products, spoons, rat-l-traps, etc.

·
Registered
453 Posts
What southern said. Do your own thing and see what works for you! I've spent countless hours on my yak feeling like a fool(or a kid with turrets in the hands) with my cast and retrieves. Think of it like driving: you have the general knowledge of how to start the car and get it going but you perfect it in your own way with expereince and knowing what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
453 Posts
my favorite though is to pull the tail off fresh shrimp and hook from the tail side through the body with a 1/8oz jig head...

·
Out of Towner
67 Posts
if you take a tip you have to leave a tip just so everyone knows! lol
Hahaha... I like dragging plastics on the bottom as slow as absolutely possible... When you feel the flounder thump, let it sit for 15 seconds (which feels like forever).... Slowly reel in the slack to see if you have a fish on, then set the hook....

Flounder are the hardest fish for me to catch....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha I'll do my best...just seems like so many are created for so many different motions. Some a constant steady reel, some you gotta jerk, some you gotta walk the dog...just don't know which methods to use with which bait. Getting some ideas though. I'm a research hound. My wife can't stand when I get a new hobby, cause I want to learn everything about it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.