Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am taking vacation on the 26 and hoping to camp on ft mccree and flounder gig some. I am curious about lunar phases affecting the flounder holding or not i have heard that it doesnt matter and i have also heard that the flounder wont hold andy help would be greatly appreciated since i have not had alot of experince with gigging thanks joey

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The Flounder "Can" be a little spookier at a Full Moon. The 25th is Full Moon.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yes when there is a bright moon above you in the sky the flounder can see you. So when you see a flounder better gig him fast. Especially if you see him quiver a little. he's getting ready to bolt.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I don't think the moon has anything to do with whether they hold are not. I've had them sit-tight on bright and dark nights. I think it depends on how long the flounders been settled in the spot when you pull up on him.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
That may be true DFA but i have also noticed that a lot more run on a bright night then on a dark night. not saying you are wrong, thats just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
X-Shark (10/15/2007)Still, Those are some beautiful nights to be on the water. :)
Like MR said a lot safer too.

So we all agree that bright moon nights might not be a good night to go,so everyone should stay home on those nights :poke:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
[/quote]

Like MR said a lot safer too.

So we all agree that bright moon nights might not be a good night to go,so everyone should stay home on those nights :poke:)[/quote]

LOL I don't see me stayin home on a full moon,i like the challenge so i will be out there,besides i'm to hard headed to stay home no matter what the weather is.:moon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts