Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this guy on the platform over my creek and took a chance on a head shot with my CC Kahr PM9 at about 15 feet

was afraid he would dive off if I got any closer

Attachments

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Good shot, don't want that joker laying around your creek...we kill em' by the boat load at our camp on yellow river.

·
Registered
14,811 Posts
Those are pretty much a thing of the past on the upper Escambia. Haven't seen one in about eight years. Pretty sure they all got ate by the flatheads

·
Registered
491 Posts
Don't want to stir the pot, but looks more like a brown water snake with that narrow head. Nice shot though. I would have shot it too. Better safe than sorry.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
Don't want to stir the pot, but looks more like a brown water snake with that narrow head. Nice shot though. I would have shot it too. Better safe than sorry.
Two things in this world that I'm scared of and snakes is both of them... Kill them all....

·
Super Moderator
28,806 Posts
Kinda hard to tell ifin it's a moc or water snake w/ that kinda shot placement! Good shot...sorry ifin it was a water snake....ohhhh well.

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
considering my wife spends a lot of time reading , meditation ,and picnicking over the creek he had to go.

I have had moccasins get away while I try to identify them so if it remotely looks like a moccasin it has to go. I admit I thought this was a moccasin when I fired.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Like I said I would have shot it also. I killed one a month or so ago by the pool. In the heat of the moment they look to close not to shoot. Much better safe than sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts