Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lowrance LCG 12W GPS Antena Needed

I think I need to buy a new antena. I am getting a signal that says "GPS Moduel Not Responding" when I turn my unit on. I have reset the unit and cleaned all connections. I do not know what else to do. I think I need a new antena. If anyone has a unit they don't use any more or has this antena and wants to sell it, please shoot me an email and let me know.

As a side note, I am going to sell my 23 Proline Sport Center Console as I am buying a bigger boat. I will list that seperately, but just wanted to mention it here as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
your gps module has lost its power source, loose wire or somthing. I have had the same problems and thats what it was. The module has a seperate power supply then the unit itself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your gps module has lost its power source, loose wire or somthing. I have had the same problems and thats what it was. The module has a seperate power supply then the unit itself.
Thanks Sea-Nile. the only power supply I have is the 1 that the antena gets from the unit. nothing has changed since the day I set it up it just stopped working. I took the entire unit out of the boat and I disconnected the gps from the extra cord and hooked up cord direct. I still get the message. I have read a few people right about an alternate power source but I haven't been able to find it. the unit work perfectly for years and then just stopped working on the gps. The bottom machine portion still works.

thanks again for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts