Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
gonna have to agree that high fence hunting is bs but 1000 acres is alot of property. i know that there are deer i have on camera on my small property(400ac or so) that ive never seen..

·
Registered
863 Posts
Not saying I agree with high fence hunting. I met a guy in Perry County Al this weekend that has big bucks in a 15 acre pen. He said he will go a week without seeing his deer. One of them is in the high 170's. There ain't no telling what happened or where the deer actually came from!:letsdrink

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just read this thread and The deer in question was killed by my father. No imported deer. High fenced 6 years ago. first year we've taken any trophy deer. culled for 5 years. Deer weighed 220.. gross score green 188.375 did notcalculate any deductions cause we don't really care. I was the only other person to see the deer in the wild and that was last year. gothim on film :) we estimated in the upper 150's last year but then again we didn't think it was as big as it was this year based on trail cam pictures. I was hunting near my dad when he shot it ... my 11 year old son killed his 2nd doe on the same day. The person in the first two pictures is a friend of ours. we kept the deer in his cooler for the night. I'll check back to see later and answer any other questions I see fit. Happy hunting next year ..gearing up for fishing now

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey Gulftider, Whatstateis the bloodline from? Congrat's to your dad on a monster buck. Some might not agree, but 1000 acres is a good chunk of land. I've never hunted a high fence, and it might not be some people's idea of hunting, butto each his own. It's still an awesome animal! Congrat's again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
imkilroy (2/14/2009)Hey Gulftider, Whatstateis the bloodline from? Congrat's to your dad on a monster buck. Some might not agree, but 1000 acres is a good chunk of land. I've never hunted a high fence, and it might not be some people's idea of hunting, butto each his own. It's still an awesome animal! Congrat's again!
Thanks for the congrats. We have not imported any deer so I assume the statebloodline is AL. The property is in Lowndes/Dallas County AL and we have ownedit since 1987. Thanks again for the congrats.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Gulftider (2/14/2009)
imkilroy (2/14/2009)Hey Gulftider, Whatstateis the bloodline from? Congrat's to your dad on a monster buck. Some might not agree, but 1000 acres is a good chunk of land. I've never hunted a high fence, and it might not be some people's idea of hunting, butto each his own. It's still an awesome animal! Congrat's again!
Thanks for the congrats. We have not imported any deer so I assume the statebloodline is AL. The property is in Lowndes/Dallas County AL and we have ownedit since 1987. Thanks again for the congrats.

I missed in your first post about "no imported deer". That is impressive. Do ya'll feed protein pellet's? Did you age the buck?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Incredible Alabama deer. You can't consistently grow deer in Alabama anywhere near that class without a fence.

People that say that killing a mature deer in a 500 to 1000 acre high fenced property is like shooting fish in a barrel have never hunted a mature deer in a 500 to 100 acre high fenced property.

·
Registered
103 Posts
we do a variety of supplemental feeding. winter / summer food plots, have feeders that we do a mixture of corn and soy beans in Feb/March then last year we used Maxrax for the duration of the spring/summer/fall. We have also put out some trophy rock.

I uploaded a picture of a funky deer I killed this year and another picture of my dad's deer with him and my daughter.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
It sure seem's to be working. I am in a lease where we feed protien pellets in trough feeder year round. We have 8500 acres with roughly 350 acres in food plot's and 65 trough feeder's that hold around 600 lb's. We're growing some good deer for NW Fl. ,but nothing like that. That one you killed is a fine one also! Congrat's!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gulftider: Great looking whitetails, I agree high fence hunting isin't like shooting bucks in a barrel. However! I would check my fence to make sure someone isin't throwing some Northerns over!!!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks for the congrats. We have not imported any deer so I assume the statebloodline is AL. The property is in Lowndes/Dallas County AL and we have ownedit since 1987.

alabama imported deer from michigan and wisconsin back in the 50s.that why the further you go north in alabama they seem to get the action of 2 ruttingperiodsin someplaces .either way ,dandy of a deer!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Death From Above (2/17/2009)Something don't smell good about this one.
what would that be?

Take a look at these two pictures. 1 is the deer dead the field shortly after he was killed and the other is with my oldest son and the deer. I have trail cam photos of the deer live at my house and can post them when I'm back in town. you may want to check your sniffer if you were insinuating that I'm not telling the truth.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 42 Posts