Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Bigkidney and I worked on the PA's till about midnight last night. It is crazy how when you start working time flies and the next thing you know it is way later than you expected to stay up. We did get a lot accomplished though...Batteries installed in cases in the rear hatch, my new garmin 441s hooked up, rewired BK's fishfinder to the new batteries, rudder steering adjustments, and an anchor trolley repair. Doesn't seem like much but it was something. Got a few more things to work on tonight and then it will be FISHING, FISHING, FISHING!!!!:thumbup:. What I have come to realize is kayak fishing is addicting but this DAMN hobie is like CRACK!!!! Always something to upgrade or improve but I love it!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, I think you did all if not most the work last night. I figured hell, if I burn up to a crisp in my PA due to faulty wiring my girls can blame it on you instead :) Like you said though, we need to get these things in the water and I need to think about ditching the Lowrance for a Garmin. Sick of trying to decipher the menus and options on it. Yours seems much more straight forward and prettier...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BK- If you burn up in the PA...MY BAD!!!:whistling: I got my electrician cert out of my peanut butter capt crunch cereal box. Who am I kidding I don't know anything about elecrician stuff but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night...:shifty: We will have then in the water soon for sure and you should upgrade to the garmin after I take mine out on the water and see how it works. Easy swapping the Lowerance to the AI if you want.

TRP- Brother you can use the PA anytime you want(unlike some others that will go unnamed:yes:). You can always come hang out, could always use your ideas for some of the stuff. Just sucks you live on the other side of town. In a few months though that won't be the case:no:.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very easy. Put the rudder in the down position, Remove the screws holding the black door on the back of the kayak that houses the rudder pulley, loosen the screws that are tightened over the spectra wire (steering cables). Now pull the slack in each wire tight and re-seat them under the screws and tighten them back down. That's it. Essentially you are just loosening up the screws that are holding the lines down on the pulley in the back, tightening the lines again after taking out the slack in them, and screwing them back down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts