Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why if the state has made there new season and people are planning to go fishing this weekend, then why is the Feds (coast guard) threatening to write tickets all weekend for keeping out if season fish. Seems BS to me.
That's what I am reading. The Feds will be out filling the ticket book all weekend to people that see and feel that they are following the law. They extended the state water , so explain to me why the Feds will be patrolling in state water writing tickets for what the coast guard feels is a violation of federal law that is in state waters.
They will truly be some pissed off fisherman in the waters of louisianna this weekend and every weekend if this is truly the case. Does not seem fair.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,702 Posts
They haven't technically extended their waters. They claim 10 leagues, but the feds only recognize 3 miles.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is upside down. That is the only way I could show my boat. It will not let me flip it. The pic was taken with an ipad, and I do all this with the same ipad. Any suggestions would be great on how to flip the picture

·
Registered
171 Posts
Go to Photos.
Click on the picture.
Click "Edit" in the top right corner.
Click the Rotate Arrow in the bottom right corner.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,702 Posts
Go to THT. There are a couple threads on there about this. Some people have been stopped by USCG cutters right at 3 miles. They were handing out warnings.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
The Times Picayune is looking for anyone ticketed. see this link.

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index...._times-picayune_sea.html#incart_river_default

The Times-Picayune has been unable to locate any anglers who were cited. That doesn't surprise longtime Venice charter guide Capt. Peace Marvel.
"The federal guys don't have the manpower or the gumption to do it. That's my personal opinion on the matter," he said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts