Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dropping my Pinfish trap off of the docks at Navy Point for over a year with no incident until recently. Last week I dropped it on Thursday night but something came up and prevented me from getting there early Friday. When I did get there the trap was gone. I don't know why people would take something that wasn't there's but maybe they though it was abandoned with fresh bait in it to attract Pinfish. If that's the case and you are looking for the owner; here I am. I would gladly come pick it up and even pay you $20 for your trouble. I'll be watching this thread to see if you respond. Thanks

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'm sure someone ever so graciously moved it to a more productive spot and forgot to leave you a note. Sorry about your luck but I guess that's about to be expected these days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely not holding my breath but just holding out hope...just in case. Could you tell me where the pix is on your Avitar? It looks familiar.

·
Banned
253 Posts
I've had three pinfish traps stolen. What a pisser. I wish they'd just take the fish and rebait it for me... (Thieves take note.)

One of them really took the cake. It was on a nondescript patch of seagrass about two miles offshore. Trap was weighted down with rebar. The marker was a 20 oz Coke bottle, spray painted black, and almost completely full of water so that only an inch or so stuck above the surface. Attached to the trap with #100 lbs mono.

Came back the next weekend. Trap was gone. I couldn't believe it. I ran the whole area twice with side scan sonar. What a pisser.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've had three pinfish traps stolen. What a pisser. I wish they'd just take the fish and rebait it for me... (Thieves take note.)

One of them really took the cake. It was on a nondescript patch of seagrass about two miles offshore. Trap was weighted down with rebar. The marker was a 20 oz Coke bottle, spray painted black, and almost completely full of water so that only an inch or so stuck above the surface. Attached to the trap with #100 lbs mono.

Came back the next weekend. Trap was gone. I couldn't believe it. I ran the whole area twice with side scan sonar. What a pisser.
So you are telling me that you went through the trouble to put something offshore for your own benefit and then someone came along, found it, and then took it for their own benefit? That is just horribly unethical in my opinion.:pirate:

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

Once that trap hit the water it wasn't yours any more.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
253 Posts
So you are telling me that you went through the trouble to put something offshore for your own benefit and then someone came along, found it, and then took it for their own benefit? That is just horribly unethical in my opinion.:pirate:
LOL! Point taken... :thumbsup:

But hey, at least I'm not hooking up a lift bag and dragging people's chicken coops back to the house with me! :robinhood:

·
153 large fishes
1,882 Posts

I would think that a trap offshore would be easy to lose...could be several scenarios that would make it lost...boat zooms across your bottle marker cutting it ...sand swallowed it up ...etc...but it could have been stolen....

When I was a kid we trout lined the Sabine River daily...we would tie the lines at low tide and even then wed tie them under water...we had a 10 foot gaff for finding our lines...the point is people have been stealing fish and gear for a long time...camouflage your shite from PEOPLE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts