Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Pm me if u run across it . I had live pin fish on my line sitting in the water off of bob sykes.... And forgot to set my drag on .. it was to tight becuase I just got done lubing it last night. When Bam! Rod starts to Bend like crazy . In seconds it was gone .. on the way off the bidge the reel handle hooked on to my bookbag and took it over . We belived it was a bull red becuase it was just taking off in the water. like a missile. It was a penn 750 with a black jansport bookbag.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was on the end of bob sykes after sunset yesterday and I saw something floating offtowards Naval live oaksI couldnt really see it because the sun had just went down but it might of been your backpack getting pulled around by that bull hahahahaah

·
Registered
262 Posts
learned my lesson a long time ago, i thought surely a fish cant drag an icechest full of beer and ice off the wharf, yes it can happen and pissed me off.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Had something similar happen to me years ago sitting in the sound fishing from the beach,thought no way a fish will pull this rod out of the cooler handle,guess you know what happened when i was walking around.Sorry you learned it the hard way like i did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts