Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a new one in the box i might part with if the price is right.

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my benchmade auto knife. My condolences.
What sucks is It was given to me as a gift for christmas by a friend. I knew nothing about them, never ever heard of them but that was a tough ass knife. The day I lost it I was devestaded. It was an appendage after a while. Kept a sharp ass blade. I still reach to my front pocket to whip it out in a hurry :(

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
Hard to beat an old three blade case knife....

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah mullet I know it is just when you are holding something with one hand like a wiring harness or something and need to cut a zip tie, bam reach down with that right hand and there it is BAM problem solved ha ha one hand opening is awesome

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
I've heard that Kershaw spring assisted knives are a good deal for the price. I saw some in a Cabela's sale catalog I got the other day for half price - $19.99. I was thinking about getting one myself.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i carry a kershaw spring assist that was given to me. i like it, but i don't know that it compare to the benchmade. i have no experience with the benchmade but have heard nothing but great things. $20 for the kershaw is a dang good deal though. and you're right - it's nice being able to open it with one hand when you're in a pinch.

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Havent had a kershaw lately thought they were made in china
I don't know but I wouldn't doubt it. Most are these days. I have no experience with them, just passing on what I read in another thread on one of the gun forums.
I've heard that Benchmades are top notch but also expensive.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Kershaw knives are a good inexpensive knife, but the springs will not last long. I have had several and only one spring lasted longer than a year, also the safety is prone to break.

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Kershaw knives are a good inexpensive knife, but the springs will not last long. I have had several and only one spring lasted longer than a year, also the safety is prone to brake.
Good to know

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found my knife yesterday, what a happy reunion. Oiled her up and put her back to work. I would never spend that kind of money on myself but are great knives. One of the best gifts I have ever received

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've heard that Kershaw spring assisted knives are a good deal for the price. I saw some in a Cabela's sale catalog I got the other day for half price - $19.99. I was thinking about getting one myself.
I have a Kershaw one but it was in the $70 range but by far the the best knife I have owned.

·
Reeling them in
653 Posts
I bought a Kershaw Ken Onion Blackout knife for a friend at BPS. I thought it was a steal at 29.99 but at the register it was 79.99. Turns out they had put the knife in the wrong spot, but to make a long story short, they honored the price of the other price. My wife said I should have bought 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts