Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
MrPhoShiz said:
like a drift bag? might work to keep your rear end down. Im with black jeep, in the outback i would surf the waves in full force straight ahead. Lean back to keep the weight on the back as im surfing and id have my paddle out ready to steer. PAs and other big yaks can be different.
I've had no problems with the PA. I'm patient and choose my set wisely. But yeah, a drift sock deployed at the right moment...like a parachute.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
When I launch I am heading in to the surf,...power thru it. I wave at the surfers as I start my journey into the mighty Gulf of Mexico....( pounding on chest). When I come in I come in backwards and keep me beady eyes on the waves and power into them but slowly drift and paddle back until I reach land and I swiftly jump out and grab my yak and throw it on my shoulders, and with just a hint of a gansta swag, I walk up the beach tipping my stetson at all the tan bikini clad woman admiring my physique.
LOL Thats the funniest shlt I heard all day!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I launch I am heading in to the surf,...power thru it. I wave at the surfers as I start my journey into the mighty Gulf of Mexico....( pounding on chest). When I come in I come in backwards and keep me beady eyes on the waves and power into them but slowly drift and paddle back until I reach land and I swiftly jump out and grab my yak and throw it on my shoulders, and with just a hint of a gansta swag, I walk up the beach tipping my stetson at all the tan bikini clad woman admiring my physique.
hahaha :notworthy:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Man that really sucks and looks like you have one of the most expensive roll-overs I've heard of. I'm somewhat confused as to how you lost the Mirage drive as you said you attached the leash.

·
Registered
528 Posts
For future reference

Apply some reflective tape to the fins and to the metal bars on the drive arms. If they do become separated, a light will reflect off of them, and the chance of a fin or the pedal material sticking up is better than the all black that they are made of. Sorry for your loss.

I bought mine with some bright yellow tape on the fins. Figured they were for something else. I thought at first it was wierd, but hey, the above could be the difference between finding them and a replacement.

Just some food for though on the issue.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
snapped

Man that really sucks and looks like you have one of the most expensive roll-overs I've heard of. I'm somewhat confused as to how you lost the Mirage drive as you said you attached the leash.
The leash broke.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts