Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, wasn't sure to post this here or not. I was very unfortunate and flipped the kayak During the tourney today while coming back in....I just pulled the Mirage drive and was getting ready to move it in the hatch When a wave took me down and over and I wasn't able to grab it in time. Would like to ask anyone here if they know someone who finds it, please let me know. It was in Navarre at spot 10. I tied everything down minus 2 bait rods and the damn drive....So please, if anyone find it, please let me know. I can offer a small reward as well. Thank you.

Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was pretty rough out there today. I seen tons of people rolling over. I made the paddle out pretty easy, coming back in was different with the winds. I was amazed that there were still people out there. Any other time, I never would have tried to fish out there, but since I registered, had to at least try it....

Lesson learned , tie every and I mean everything down......Im embarrassed and pissed that I didn't tie that dang drive down. My poles were dangling in the water , good thing I made those leashes for the them a few days ago.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey all, wasn't sure to post this here or not. I was very unfortunate and flipped the kayak During the tourney today while coming back in....I just pulled the Mirage drive and was getting ready to move it in the hatch When a wave took me down and over and I wasn't able to grab it in time. Would like to ask anyone here if they know someone who finds it, please let me know. It was in Navarre at spot 10. I tied everything down minus 2 bait rods and the damn drive....So please, if anyone find it, please let me know. I can offer a small reward as well. Thank you.

Alan

I feel your pain, I did that same thing a few years ago, everything was tied down except the drive. Ended up costing me 500$, I tie mine down now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I had to use a "Phone a friend" and call a retired chief this morning who dives. Said he might be able to make a dive later this afternoon.....crossing fingers...I told him I didn't care for the poles, the drive is what is important and poles 2nd.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
How far off the beach??? Seems like a flounder boat searching after dark might be the ticket...

Sent through Tapatalk, even though they ruined it with "upgrades"...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How deep of water and do you have cords? Im a certified diver and will hopefully be getting a nice kayak with a gps soon. I could go out with you or a friend a do a few dives to try and find it.
Thank you sir, I do not have the coordinates unfortunately but I do know where I went down at for the most part give or take. The current was pretty swift today around 5 pm so not sure if has gotten swept out farther. We hope to get another shot at it later this week if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Honestly, I have no idea....I'd like to think no more than 20 ft....water is alot deeper now since the beach was extended out. Weight of the drive is 6 lbs I believe

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well if it still hasnt been found by saturday and the weather is decent ill be down that way and can do a dive or 2 to try and find it.
Awesome, thank you sir...I don't have dive equip but I'll take my surfboard and goggles and try and search as well just like I did yesterday.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure, someone else would have to chime in...possible going Saturday if weather holds out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts