Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a dumb #%$. i left my orange buoy with wind up cord in the back of my boat. i took it in today to do some maintenance. when i got home it was gone and my wife commented about seeing it on the bridge on the way into pensacola. she is thinking "hmmm, that looks like that new orange thing my husband just bought". well, it was. sooooo

if any of you good samaritan pff members got it or know who picked it up ( im sure someone is bragging about how they got it off the bridge) please let me know. probably was someone walking on the bridge. not sure i would actually stop myself if i saw one on the bridge, but then again, who knows.

thanks

fred, 293-6297

·
Super Moderator
12,717 Posts
i saw it on the way to work at about 10:45.... it's near the hump on the west bound side....:banghead

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Did you call the Pensacola PD or Gulf Breeze PD to see if one of their officers was called to go out and get it off of the bridge? Maybe worth trying.

·
Super Moderator
12,717 Posts
it's off on the side... hell, i almost stopped to get it but was late for work...:banghead

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
If in fact you decide to go see if it is still there, and since it is on the bridge. I would bring someone with me. When able let them/you out. Cross bridge (since you have to return) and pick them/you up on the way back on the other side.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
I wouldn't stop for something like that on the bridge. A cheap $30 buoy is not worth your life or the amount of damage that could happen to a auto.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Yea I agree with Bobby about stopping on that bridge. Just go buy a new one and chalk it up to experience:banghead

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, well, im not so brite. guess i will have to buy a new one. the bad part is that was only half the rig. the buoy was in the boat. the line was attached to a weighted chum feeder thingy majingy. got it at gbbt. well when i pulled the boat out of the drive, the chum weight thingy got pulled against two different slabs of concrete and busted all to pieces. thats what i saw when i got home and i had homer moment and realized what i had done. doh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts