Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Appears to have snapped mooring during Hurricane Nate's storm surge. Most likely direction of drift was SW to NE.

Note: This is a *very* small bass boat sans any accouterments.

Contact here with a full description to arrange retrieval.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you looked around for any Box/container that might have the registration in it?

If you can’t find that and no one contacts you, then you could get an FWC officer to look it up and contact the owner. If you know an officer personally, then go to them. Otherwise, try to go directly to an officer instead of through the organization because according to their protocol, they’ll come and take it and then charge the owner for the towing and storage fees. We had this happen with a small Jon boat we found a while back and the fees they wanted from the owner were double what the boat was worth so I wouldn’t want that to happen here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watergator...

Watergator...excellent input. Regrettably, no documentation aboard nor registration numbers posted. Again, this is a *very* small "bass boat".
Same story as with the very nice fishing kayak that washed up Sunday, 10/22/17.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What about a hull ID? There should be one on a metal plate on the starboard side of the transom.

If nothing shows up then it sounds like you have yourself a new bass boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
What Make is it? Built with Flotation? If not, it's most likely a fishing reef now.
Sounds like the poster found the boat and is trying to find the rightful owner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts