Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother, James J Everley, passed away on Monday. He served our country as a Marine, enlisting in 1965. James quickly rose to the rank of Lance Corporal and was sent to Vietnam in 1967. As part of the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Battalion, 26<SUP>th</SUP> Marine Regiment, James fought valiantly with his comrades and was wounded in action on more than one occasion; each time returning to the battlefield to continue the fight. <SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">James was one of a few who survived one of the most infamous battles of the Vietnam War, the Battle of Khe Sanh. The fight for the hills of Khe Sanh began in January of 1968, and ended in April, 1968. 168 Marines were killed in action, 443 were wounded in action, and 2 were missing in action. For his bravery, dedication and loyalty to his country, James was awarded a Presidential Unit Citation, the National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal and the Vietnam Campaign Medal.<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">My brother and I fished our whole lives, a learned skill taught by our Grandfather. We fished the lakes and rivers of Kansas, from coast to coast andocean to ocean. I have not only lost my best friend, great fishing buddy, younger brother I looked up to, but a true American Hero.<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">May God Bless his soul.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Fair Winds and Following Seas, Marine! :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Jim<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/MbYRmTceZ1c&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
:angelSorry fer you and your family's loss brother:angel

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
I am sorry to hear the sad news and sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Tough Read.

It's hard to loose any loved one. But, when someone like your brother is lost we all loose him.

God Bless you, your family and most certainly your brother, James Everley.

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
:angel:angel:angel

It's people like your brother that allows us to do what we do everyday. Thanks to him and all servicemen and very very sorry for your loss.

·
Praedator
9,915 Posts
Sorry for the loss. But you are doing what is needed to remember him by. Remember those good times. The memories will always be there. Another great person has left this earth. I send prayers to you and your family that time will quickly heal all your sorrow.:angel

1 - 20 of 31 Posts