Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Bear Kuma 45-60# bow. Hated buying a new bow as I really liked my Bear Truth with 70# limbs. My shoulder however couldn't take it. I had tried selling the Truth bow locally and decided today to put it on eBay. I was cleaning it up and noticed a splinter on the lower limb. I'm feeling better about spending the cash on the new bow. Can't help but thinking I may have dodged a major catastrophe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
I look at my 15 year old PSE Diablo and think about buying another one, then shoot mine and say ahhhhhh nahhhhh it'll kill!!! GLad ya like the new un though! Especially if a limb had a fracture in it!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just got my son the the kuma but the 2018 version for 400 bucks also 45-60# my buddy has the 70# version it shoots pretty well nice bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I look at my 15 year old PSE Diablo and think about buying another one, then shoot mine and say ahhhhhh nahhhhh it'll kill!!! GLad ya like the new un though! Especially if a limb had a fracture in it!
only 15 years you aint even got it broke in yet. I am at year 23 on my old 1996 PSE Precision Edge. Then again also still shooting easton xx75 gamegetters with thunderhead 125s. Deer don't seem to have gotten immune to it yet at least

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,073 Posts
I check my limbs every pre-season and again before the opening day by sliding a cotton ball up/down the limbs. It's also a good idea to do it when buying a used bow too. If the limb is splintered, the cotton fibers will catch and stick in the cracks. Never run your bare hands on a bow limb to check for cracks, those splinters hurt.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Thinking about selling my Matthews Outback, I haven’t shot it in 5 yrs. got a new crossbow so I need to get the Horton listed too. I hate selling stuff that works so good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts