Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old BPS baitcaster that I purchased back in 2003 has seen its last days and I need a new one. Looking to pay no more than $150. Any suggestions?

KsB

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm no big fan of Abu Garcia stuff, but I have a 5500C3 that I got in 1994 that I use for flounder jigging. I just rinse it off after every use and it has never failed me. I've done zero maintenance to it and it won't quit working. I couldn't justify NOT buying another one when this one finally dies. I have tested the single bearing versions in the stores and they have way too much play in the handle. If you do buy one I recommend the C3 (3 ball bearing) version. I think they still make a 5500C3 and 6500C3.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I got a Abu garcia Revo ST, a year ago. I am very pleased with it. It was $150. They sell a step down model for $100, dont do it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a Calcutta 200GTB. And just like the Revo, they sell a stepped down model, with only 4 bearings instead of 8. The GT version is twice the non GT.....David

·
Super Moderator
20,477 Posts
If you left handed I have some like new Shimano Curados, if not I would look into those, I fish with 2 and love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts