Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wanting to buy a kayak sometime this week, so I wanted to check and see if anyone had a used one they wanted to sell before I go to one of the big stores. I'm looking to spend around 400-500, maybe a little bit more if I find the right one. If I buy a brand new one, it will be the perception sport pescadore 12 ft or the ascend from bass pro.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the ascend and its great! and from what i hear the pescador is great too! youd love both
That's what I've been reading. Those look to be the best kayaks for the price. I'd love to go up to the hobies, but that's not gonna be possible for a while.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2012 ascends are even better they have a drive storage right by the seat! I think its 30crazy more dollars but nice
How was the seat that came on yours? I'm thinking about heading up to bass pro and dicks/academy tomorrow to look around.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The seat on the 2011 model is ok.. the one that comees with the 2012 looks like a lazy boy! i mean really. if you want to see what it really looks like right now look up the ascend on youtube a guy has it i think it has a hook1 sticker on it its a good review on it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha I just saw it. That thing looks awesome. I think the ascend may have moved ahead of the pescador just because of that. Everything else seems pretty even, but the ascend has a few extras.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like they may have a leaking problem from reading online. That's the main reason I'm avoiding the pelicans.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I paddled an ascend 12 for about a 1/2 mile last sunday

the seat is nice

the kayak is heavy in comparison to my ancient ocean 14'

was very stable

it was $499 at basspro and the seat is included

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It says the new ascends are at 68 pounds, so I guess they added a bit of weight since last years model.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts