Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I will be heading down to Pensacola in about a month and a half to go to school for 4-5 months. Looking to link up with some of you who enjoy freedive spearfishing as much as i do. I would love to get out there and target some big AJ's and Cobia. Hitting some Oil Rigs would be a dream come true! All of the spearfishing i have done so far has been in Hawaii. Im comfortable hunting at up to 97' feet but can touch bottom at 145'. Main thing in Pcola i guess would be finding good vis. Dove with lots of sharks before so im chill with those guys. If anyone would be able to give me a spot on some dives in the future i would really appreciate it. Shoot me an add on facebook or check out some of my videos on youtube. Search Nick Scott Hudson on FB or Hawaii Spearfishing - Of Man and Sea on Youtube.

Dive safe and Tight Lines!:thumbup:

·
LyterKillsLing
718 Posts
Keep in touch with me. Well go out for snapper plenty of time and possible a rig trip or two.

There is a few of us that strictly Freedive to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Snorkiller
372 Posts
shoot me an email so I have your contact info. We will definitely get some trips planned. Im in Alabama but dive anywhere from destin to louisiana to dive. Soild crew of freedivers around here now.

email : [email protected]

@descentspearfishing on insta

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vvskycop
Been in he navy for 6 years and i am crossrateing to CTR so i will be going to school for that for 4-5 months in PCola

skram
Just sent you an email. Cant wait to get out with you and hopefully build up some footage for another video.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@vvskycop Where are couple of the places close to land you like to go? I'm looking for one or two spots around Pensacola where my wife and I can free dive off the shore and spearfish.

·
LyterKillsLing
718 Posts
There's a row of artificial reef at park east. Just past Portofino. You can spear fish there but more times more time than not you would be hunting flounder.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
There's a row of artificial reef at park east. Just past Portofino. You can spear fish there but more times more time than not you would be hunting flounder.

Right now, spanish mackerel are thick. Get 20 feet off of the reef in any direction and they're all over the place. Small fast targets, good spearfishing practice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts