Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I am active duty Coast Guard. Due to the shutdown my family is living off of savings. I’m good for a little while but it does not appear our government is going to resolve this quickly. Looking to supplement with extra income.

If anyone has any labor work or odd jobs that need done please shoot me a message.

I can’t take handouts and don’t want any, just honest pay for honest work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure you may have already looked into other assistance during the shutdown, but NFCU has this going on right now if you are eligible. You could give them a call and see if they can do anything for you and your family.
https://www.navyfederal.org/about/government-shutdown.php
I am familiar with the options but thank you. I am going to try not to borrow money.

If I can get some side income and stay ahead of it I’m hopeful they’ll reopen and pay us before I’m tapped.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to thank the men who have reached out and offered me work so far. I have jobs lined up this Saturday, Sunday and whenever I'm free and there is work available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I'm still looking for more over the next several weekends if anyone has anything. Even if they end the shutdown before then, it will get done.

Thanks for your time!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,987 Posts
Not sure if this is in your line of work, but there's someone in alabama brewton/atmore area I think? looking for a dozer operator (pays very well), and another place in pensacola needing a body repairman.
just call 205-296-1051 between 12 noon and 1pm m-f (radio station phone ads), and ask what the phone numbers are from today (1-24).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure if this is in your line of work, but there's someone in alabama brewton/atmore area I think? looking for a dozer operator (pays very well), and another place in pensacola needing a body repairman.
just call 205-296-1051 between 12 noon and 1pm m-f (radio station phone ads), and ask what the phone numbers are from today (1-24).
Unfortunately I don’t have a background in auto bodywork or dozer driving. Appreciate the tip though! Hopefully someone else on here can use it.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I am looking for a helper, simple boat repairs, cleaning, dock repair,etc.
Please give me a call or text as I am hearing impaired. 572-1225
Anytime you can work is fine with me, except Sunday mornings when we go to Church.
Tom, BSH Marine LLC, Bayou Chico

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Dang,
I didn't even notice the date.
Thought I would help the guy out and give him some work.
I didn't resurrect it. It came up under the NEW button.
Sorry my mistake.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There has been allot of spam from "new members" as well. Does it has something to do with the new platform?

·
Apex
1,365 Posts
I’m free most weekends to do side work. With a baby on the way I wouldn’t mind putting a little extra money away.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts