Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have become a huge fan of Tripletails and would like to find some charter capts or fishing areas to target them.

I have read Apalachicola is prime country but they can be found from Mobile bay through coastal LA, but having never fished for them this is a case of I don't knowwhat I don't know... LOL....

Any charter Capts out there that can put us on the Trips, or anyone that fishes for them that will share spots / secrets / ideas on how to put some in the cooler these next few months? We would love to charter a trip or two or if someone is good with them, add fuel or other $$ to tag along on some trips.

With warmer weather and water temps approaching, I'm hoping April or May would be prime time to fish for them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
There is a capt out of Mobile that is the best around. I cant remember his name right now but another forum member charters him for trippletail all the time so im sure he will let you know.

As far as fishing for them your self. Just rig a 4' leader 20lb test with 1/0 circle hook, small weight, live shrimp. Find some bouys in mobile bay or floating structure and throw the shrimp right next to the bouy and hang on. You need to get them away from the bouy as fast as possible but the are strong fighting fish.

GOOD LUCK...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tight Line Charters out of the Mobile area catches quite a few... They fish from the Mobile bay to the Pasc.. ship channel for them...Their website is www.tight-linefishingcharters.com The fishing is good for tt's on a neap sp???? tide (when other fishing is slow) so the trip might be a little less than usual. I will say that you would want to "beef up" the terminal tackle to catch these fish on 20# leaderis a little light when right on top of structure.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Captain William Manci of Eastern Shore Outfitters is your man, and I am the forum member that posts the tripletail reports. They were all caught with the guide I spoke of. Tell him I sent you...Mike

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
I think April or even May is a little early for Triple Tail. You may find a few but they move into the Bays and are around offshore flotsam later in the season...when the water warms up a little more.Couldn't figure out how to rotate.:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,264 Posts
Two weeks ago we had lunch at Nick's Boathouse on Main Street in Pensacola, next to the Blue Wahoo Stadium, and the special was Triple Tail.

First time I ever saw them on a menu, it was fantastic!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hey, I have become a huge fan of Tripletails and would like to find some charter capts or fishing areas to target them.

I have read Apalachicola is prime country but they can be found from Mobile bay through coastal LA, but having never fished for them this is a case of I don't knowwhat I don't know... LOL....

Any charter Capts out there that can put us on the Trips, or anyone that fishes for them that will share spots / secrets / ideas on how to put some in the cooler these next few months? We would love to charter a trip or two or if someone is good with them, add fuel or other $$ to tag along on some trips.

With warmer weather and water temps approaching, I'm hoping April or May would be prime time to fish for them?

Thanks in advance!
×2 the best there is on tripletails

Captain William Manci of Eastern Shore Outfitters is your man, and I am the forum member that posts the tripletail reports. They were all caught with the guide I spoke of. Tell him I sent you...Mike

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts