Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was a roofer that repaired my roof after storm from PFF. The house isin Perdido Bay Golfresort on Arapaho Dr. The roof is leaking andI need you to contact me.

Bill

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
not meaning to start any crap or anything but you dont know the guys name or business name... and you paid him to repair your roof...:usaflag

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Since Bill, (I think) still lives in Atlanta or surounding area, maybe the paperwork isn't handy. How you doing by the way Bill?

Here is a picture of Bill's house.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Probably should edit this and tell them you would like to once again thank them for the work by giving them another $100.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
OK, before the mudslingging starts....... If you don't know Old School then remember this. As Ron said is from Hot Lanta, doesn't live here but has the house to stay at when he comes down to go fishing.

He has a PFF member upkeeping his house, He has hired a PFF member to Detail his boat, He has a PFF member under contract to cut his yard and he hired a PFF member to fix his roof.

NO IT WAS NOT AN ILLEGAL MEXICAN... INstead on trying to slam a member that has supported OTHER members off this fourm take a step back. I'm sure his house sitter will come up with the name. ;) As ROn said, he most likely doesn't have the info at hand.

KNowing Bill, it will not be posted either from the quick knee jerk that is already happening. :banghead

And NO it wasn't CLAY-DOH. He wasn't even a member at the time.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
OK as much as I am embaressed to admit this, it was me.

I saw the post yesterday, PM'ed Bill right away with my Company name, and told him I remember doing a repairover a year and a half ago for a PFF member in Perdido, but could not remember name or adress. I also PM'ed him my phone number.

I told him even though it was only a repair with a one year warranty, if it was leaking near the area of our repair still, I would take care of it free of charge.

He called me today, and after hearing his last name, I rembered him. He was very nice to thank me for being honest and standing behind my work, and made the comment that it's good to know there are still some bussiness men left like that.

I hate that work we did did not hold up (it had busted plywood from a tree hitting, and a repair had already been attempted previously, and we worked with what we had, which is still no excuse for it to leak), and though it was a repair in the hundreds with very lil profit, I am going to fix it.

Like I said, I was embarresed that our repair failed, and privately PM'ed him that I would fix it....but all you damn yahoo's had to keep this thread goin!:doh:poke Just kidding.

So....anyways...problem solved.

In the words of Tony Montona..."All I have in this world, are my word...and my balls. And I aint breakin neither one a dem fa nobody man."

·
Registered
736 Posts
you are a hell of a guy to come forward and loose money to help someone out...............i hope this post brings you lots of business!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was Clay. We talked. I am sure all will be OK. So I am telling if you, if youwant an honest roofer, call Clay.

Also that is my house, and the van in the photo is for sell. $3000.00 is an 93 (105,000 mls)in GC.

I have been on the site for about 7 years, and the class of people I have meet here is GREAT.

Will be down day or two after Christmas, and hope to fish with some of ual then.

best to all

Bill (aka Old School)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After reading this, I wish I had known about "Clay-Doh" 2 ½ years ago when my roof needed replaced. Instead, I went with the insurance company's recommendation. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">That is the LAST time THAT will happen.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Now I know where to go if & when I ever need a reproofing job done.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
old school (12/14/2007)It was Clay. We talked. I am sure all will be OK. So I am telling if you, if youwant an honest roofer, call Clay.Also that is my house, and the van in the photo is for sell. $3000.00 is an 93 (105,000 mls)in GC. I have been on the site for about 7 years, and the class of people I have meet here is GREAT. Will be down day or two after Christmas, and hope to fish with some of ual then.best to all Bill (aka Old School)
Bill, what in the hell are you doing....using my copyright photo to sell your van.:banghead:banghead:poke:poke:poke. Glad you found out who it was, and now what can one say about Clay other then.....:clap:clap:clap:grouphug...Besides Clay, the ONLY people without a comeback now and then are not working. Don't be embarassed about it...sheet happens. You're one hell of a stand up guy.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Nice Clay!!! That's the kind of person I want doing my work. This kind of thing happens...especially with repairs. For someone to claim it and repair it...that's top notch!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
After that Clay, I'll keep you in mind after the next hurricane or if someone I know needs some work done!:clap

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Thanx guys!:grouphug Hell, I have already recieved a PM about someone needing a epair!

If I woulda known all I have to do to drum up some extra business is f#@k up a job...I woulda made a point to!!

And thanx Bill for the kind words and recomendation.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I said it a long time ago Clay when you first joined. Be who you are and let them worry about it. Way to go man. I would expect nothing less from you. :bowdown Next time I am down a couple dozen cold beers on me.:letsdrink

1 - 20 of 27 Posts