Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, man I'm glad I found this site. Thanks for all the awesome info and tips. My buddy and I are trying to plan a late summer/early fall yak trip to your area (Pensacola to PCB). We're from Cincinnati and we're freshwater fools but we love the GOM. Would anyone be interested in meeting up and showing us the way, it would greatly appreciated and the beer(s) would be on us! We're currently fishing out of a Tarpon 120 and Ascend FS12T.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Welcome up there Ss24! Glad for you ya found us. Your in the right section of the forum...even thou I'm not a yaker...there will sure be some follow-up for those that are. Have a great day!

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
The yak section of this forum is very active during the warm months. Some people announce there time and location every day just in case some others may want to join them on the water.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm ya huckleberry

I'm from MS, but try to make it to Navarre a couple times every summer (usually July and Aug). I'm a long way from being good at it but I can for sure put some decent kings and Spanish in your yaks. I caught a 35" Spanish and several kings around the same size last August down there. I'll try to keep up with you til then. It would be awesome if we happen to end up there at the same time. If not I'd be glad to give you some pointers when you get there. So keep in touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eric! I'll post another 'wanted add' sometime in August if the trip comes to fruition. We have a place to stay in Gulf Shores too so we could end up anywhere. Nice catch!!

·
Registered
13,831 Posts
Can someone tell me how to PM another member. Can't seem to figure that out.
You have not posted enough. I am not sure of the limit of posts, but I think it is 15. Once you have posted over the amount, you will be able to PM members.

So, Post Away.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a place to stay in Gulf shores also. I'm hopefully going fishing there in June or July. I'll let you know if I figure anything out around there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome. Hit us up closer to your arrival. We have a very active yak fishing community and we love to show off the awesome fishing here.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Hi Matt!! Welcome to the addiction! Great place here, especially in the late summer / fall months! As a matter of fact, Sept-Oct are prime fishing time along the Alabama gulf coast! And the tourist crowds have thinned a bit by then- so more elbow room! If you get over to the Orange beach area- Be sure to see Chris (Wed-Sun after lunch) at Sams Stop and Shop to check up on what's biting, pass the time telling stories on a rainy day, or if you need some help on tackle. He's got a kayak too and ya'll might be able to hook up on some action! Here is a link to a good map on some of the kayak launch sites around here...
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zNG1Q7pw0xAc.kw6bm_ehcRPk

Hope you have fun!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts