Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any snake boots laying around they want to get rid of. Looking for size 10-11. Been looking online and dont really want to spend $150 for them even though they can save your life. Dont really care what style just as long as they fit, after already seeing a handful of snakes at the lease I have been really cautious while scouting.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
The leggings are a lot more comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of people buy hunting boots and wear them a couple time, aint nothing a little lysol cant fix.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Gulf Coast Outdoors in Pace, has them for about $65

I don't wear them but I think they are a good idea. The only snake that I worry about is the darn cotton mouth.

Rattlers and coppers wont hit you unless they have to, cottons will come after you.

I have been bit by 1 rattle snake in Texas, and 3 cottons in Florida. All 4 bites hurt like HELL, and made me very sick.

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fishinoversex (8/3/2008)Gulf Coast Outdoors in Pace, has them for about $65

I don't wear them but I think they are a good idea. The only snake that I worry about is the darn cotton mouth.
Rattlers and coppers wont hit you unless they have to, cottons will come after you.
I have been bit by 1 rattle snake in Texas, and 3 cottons in Florida. All 4 bites hurt like HELL, and made me very sick.
Thanks for the help, Ill look into it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

Dude if you been bit 4 times you don't need leggings you need some glasses and a hearing aid.:doh j/k

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Five Prongs Of Fury (8/4/2008)
lobsterman (8/3/2008)The leggings are a lot more comfortable.
I would definatlely check into some leggings. They provide a lot more protection and double as briar chaps to!!!
Bought a pair of legging today, thanks for yalls help.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Dude if you been bit 4 times you don't need leggings you need some glasses and a hearing aid. [DOH] j/k

When I was bit by the Rattle snake I was in Texas at a Rattle snake roundup.:banghead

The 3 cotton Mouths that got me was when I was doing the geological drilling(wire line coring) in the Chattahoochee swamp,

back in 1986.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts