Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
King of Mobile
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anyone who knows of a low member "high quality" or "Trophy" club or lease, that manages their deer and doesn't shoot everything that walks? I am at wits end with the clubs I have been a member of in past years. Tired of letting young bucks walk only to see them blown away later in the season by blood thirsty hunters who never give them a chance to mature!! Sick and tired of all the "If its brown its down BS"!!!

I live in the mobile area and I love to bow hunt! looking for a place in the blackbelt possibly around livingston, demoplis, etc.. Within about 3.5-4 hours of mobile. Wil also go west into Mississippi. I shoot NOTHING execpt mature deer. I work alot and dont get to hunt too often, but when I do I want to feel good about where Im hunting. Hopefully I can find a group of people who belive in QDMA and think about a deers potential before harvesting the animal. Tired of irresponsible, lazy, immature hunters who want all the work done for them, that dont want to lift a dang finger but just shoot deer! Looking to create or be a part of something GREAT!

I certainly do not mind paying the extra $$$$ for a quality place to hunt! Not looking for anything over 7 or 8 members. Looking for bowhunt only members but I understand that will be hard to find, So dont mind hunting with gun hunters if its the right place! If you have private land and are thinking about leasing a few hundred acres I am also very intrested!! If you are looking for such a member on your lease or know of anyone that is for next year, please inbox me contact info! Thanks!!!

·
Praedator
10,087 Posts
In May and June when all the lease payments are due, look at all the leasing companies and lease your own little 100-500 acres. Or find one or two like minded people to go in on a bigger piece of property. Only way that I think you'll be happy. I'm on the waiting list for a very good club. Been on the list for 3 years so far.

I've learned that if you find the club advertised or looking for members, you don't want to join it. The good ones are the ones that have a waiting list that you learn about through word of mouth only! Network, network, network. It's not going to happen overnight. But otherwise, you need to find your own lease land.

·
King of Mobile
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In May and June when all the lease payments are due, look at all the leasing companies and lease your own little 100-500 acres. Or find one or two like minded people to go in on a bigger piece of property. Only way that I think you'll be happy. I'm on the waiting list for a very good club. Been on the list for 3 years so far.

I've learned that if you find the club advertised or looking for members, you don't want to join it. The good ones are the ones that have a waiting list that you learn about through word of mouth only! Network, network, network. It's not going to happen overnight. But otherwise, you need to find your own lease land.
You are exactly right! I was just going to give it a shot, thought there could be a few like minded people see this or even more lucky someone who already had something in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts