Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking to buy a new game camera in the $200 range.I have had nothing but bad luck with Moultries. I have a really old stealth cam that has never let me down though and I am looking to try something new. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
771 Posts
If you are looking for a IR camera in that price range check out the Bushnell Trophy Cam. They are coming out with an improved 2010 model around March and the price is staying $199. I have 2 and they are great camera's. They take AA batteries that last for month's, are very small(easy to carry and conceal), use an SD card. Do not use a PNY optima SD card in them though. They recommend Sandisk. Newer model will have more illuminator's, and take a higher GB card. Awesome little camera's!!

In flash camera's you can check out the Cuddeback Capture for $199. Great picture's and lighting fast trigger speed. They are incredibly easy to set up and get to taking pic's. I have both and am very pleased with the operation of these two camera's. Hope this help's.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I started off with little money and bought a bushnell------Mistake

Then spent a little more money and bought a Moultre-----Mistake

Then bought the cheepest model Cuddeback --------- Best thing ever

the other two cameras would cause the batteries to die in a few days

or just shut off for no apparent reason.

My Cuddeback has taken 300 pictures in 3 months with no change of batteries.

AWSOME machine 199.00

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
I've got two of the new 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cams on order. They are supppose to be awesome cams from all the reviews. 3000+ pics per set of batteries. I have two older Moultrie I-40s and I've been getting around 4500 to 5000 pics per set of batteries. The newer I-40s are junk.

Who has a Cudde Capture that can attest to how many pics you can get on 1 set of batteries?

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,168 Posts
My Moutrie flash died, I traded it at Bass Pro for a Wildgame Innovations (cheap) IR4 camera. We'll see how it holds up. Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mike's has a sale going on thru this month - not sure what all they have...but know they are selling the I-40's for $149 each...had several diff kinds when I was in there a few days back...including some of the smaller more concealable ones (Trophy Cam, etc), but they cost a little more - but I have seen/read some good stuff on here about em! Think they were $199...good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts