Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy some live mullet, hard tails or sardines for a trip tomorrow. Heading out to horn mountain first then going to work our way further south should be back in Saturday afternoon. Will be monitoring 68 hail Screamah Lure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Coming out of destin, so I will probably stop at the Petronius and hope its happening there. Will be my first time to the rigs. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coming out of destin, so I will probably stop at the Petronius and hope its happening there. Will be my first time to the rigs. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE here is what I would suggest. Have a buddy boat or at least someone you know will be out there to help if needed. Bring survival gear. Bring a few gallons of emergency water. Bait is hard to find right now so bring a dozen or two to be safe diamond jigs to catch blackfin. Drop the jig 30 Mississippi down and jig hard up. You should get bit first drop. Decrease counts if your getting bit on the way down. Use the blackfin to chunk for YFT and be ready to troll to deeper rigs if the YFT are not home/shark problems. Keep 1/3 of fuel out of your planned use and try to get the best economy opposed to speed. Petronious looks cold so I recommend starting further out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts