Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Depends on whether you intend to go with an AC or DC setup? I'd suggest 50W LEDs for DC and 150W HPS if your gonna go AC.
I agree with Hunter, go HPS and you will not be disappointed, the only set back is waiting 15 minutes for the HPS to cool down before turning them back on after running a short distance after turning them off, I highly recommend "Jerry's LEDs" from Texas also, I have three of them in wading lights, one 30 watt and two 40 watt super bright and you get 180 degrees coverage out of them, they are also very small and compact easy to mount.
Jerry makes the LEDs in DC or AC and has a variety of wattage to choose from.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jerry's LEDs
This little light puts out 4,000 lumens at 180 degrees, which means it shines
just as bright to the left and right as it does to the front, great coverage, in or
out of the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I agree with Hunter, go HPS and you will not be disappointed, the only set back is waiting 15 minutes for the HPS to cool down before turning them back on after running a short distance after turning them off, I highly recommend "Jerry's LEDs" from Texas also, I have three of them in wading lights, one 30 watt and two 40 watt super bright and you get 180 degrees coverage out of them, they are also very small and compact easy to mount.
Jim do like I do and never turn them off that way you never have to wait for them to warm up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That will work. I slow up, and point the bow towards the shoreline if not in a hurry. Gotta watch for ducks! I try to show courtesy like you guys, but like the safety factor the light provides.

·
Duerwood Willis
1,748 Posts
I can't recall ever having to wait to restart mine? However I very rarely turn mine off, never did until my run in with FWC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts