1. Chad Skeeles / George Johnson 14.06lbs

2. John Rivers / Dusty Powers 12.20lbs

3. Daniel Snapp / Jerry Adams 11.76lbs

4. Joey Sostheim / Pete Turner 11.72lbs

5.Bill Lipscomb / Bob Heard 9.06lbs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats to Chad & George and to John & Dusty forputting the Pensacola boats in the top 2 spots...wish i could have been there but had to play baseball coach on this fine day.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Congradulations to everyone that weighed in fish and thank you! It was a tough day to fish and yes the 14lbs was caught locally we only burnt 1/8 of a tank of fuel we did however catch 11 redfish and with 9 of them being 22 to27 inch slot fish.

A big thanks to Jimmy and Mike for putting on a fun event we will see you in Destin!

·
Registered
954 Posts
AWESOME DAY!

Thanks everyone! Chad and Ifinnaly put onetoghter.

As Chad said, we did catch these fish in Pensacola. We got to our first spot and lowered the trolloing motor and saw aHUGE wake...thought here we go.....boy was I wrong6 dolphins eatting our redfish!! We thought they were trying out for a Bush Gardens show!! Jumping, flipping and 20-30 yard sprints...We trolled in and they came by at 15 yards in a line...what a sight!!

Chad hooked our first "fish" in 10mins....10 mins later...a 20# Jack...damn...I hooked one...drag SCREAMIN...I grab the spool and break him off!! Now we are wondering if there are any redfish in our spot??? I boat a 5.5lb red that was 22"....half his tail was bitten off!!

After that..it was redfish all day!!!We upgraded a few times during the day..No bad when you are throwing 6lbers back!! Then Chad banged our big fish at 7.56lb...it weighed a litte more on our Boga, but Chad had to nurse him in our livewell for the lasthour and a half to keep him alive!!

We did manage to catch a small trout and Flounder too.

Thanks again to Jimmy and Mike!! A great tournament, we'll see you all in Destin!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Official results have been posted on the website. To find them click HERE!!!

Thanks again to all that came out. Look forward to seeing everyone again on the 25th in Destin.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Looks like a good turn out and some quality fish caught in some tough conditions! I figured Chad and George would end upon top. When we bumped into them, or should I say vice versa, they were sitting on 13+ pounds late morning!

Congrats to Chad and George, andJohn and Dusty; and othersfor a nice showing as well!

I did go out, but only fished about 2.5 hours or so, did manage 2 reds between Cap'n Jimmy and me, about 9.5lbs; The fish seem fat right now! Good luck to all.<P align=center>We were just having a casual day! <P align=center>
<P align=center>

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We had an interesting day to say the least...

We started the morning with our Power Pole going down forno reason at all while driving down the highway at 45mph. I was suprised to see it only shaved off 6in. Yes Tony, I will be giving you a call this week.

We decided to launch at woodlawn because it would make our run shorter. We get the boat in the water and it gets stuck in the mud! Great! It took 25min to finally get our boat back floating. We finally take off and run about 10miles and realized we left our net in the truck. Sorry EGO! This day keeps getting better and better!

We said o well and continued to run and then an alarm went off on my boat. We shut down the engine and said forget the long run we were going to make and decided to fish the sound. We started by fishingabank I had never checked before. I was surprised when Jeff caught a 20in red on the 2nd cast...ok maybe our luck is going to change.

We ended up trolling down banks for about 10miles back toward the launch. We stick 3 more decent fish but nothing big. We ended up with right at 8lbs. Not bad for the luck we had...

BTW we had the best trout day I have had in quite some time...We quit counting at 48.

Congrats Chad and George on the win!

Good job Jimmy and Mike on another great tournament!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Ouch Brant, sounds like a $hitty day....hold onto that Powerpole, it may become a collectors item....the only 7.5ft PowerPole in existence!

PM me on the Woodlawn Ramp issue if its a launch problem, I'll look into it.

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats to my boys Skeeles/Johnson for another good showing !!

Good job to the other teams who did well also. Sounds like it was a good day to be on the water. For those of you who are realizing more and more the importance of a PowerPole, I've got them in stock!!

Brant Peacher (4/5/2009)We had an interesting day to say the least...

We started the morning with our Power Pole going down forno reason at all while driving down the highway at 45mph. I was suprised to see it only shaved off 6in. Yes Tony, I will be giving you a call this week.
Dammit man, If you wanted a six footer, why didnt you say so????:poke

Give me a shout, and I'll get the ball rolling!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awesome Job with the tourney Jim and Mike. Coming from PC I didnt know what to expect with the waters in the sound. We launched out of Oreo and quickly found myself on the poling platform. THAT RAMP SUCKS! We make the run to the first spot I found on google maps and begin working the spots, we had a bunch of reds blow up the top water aggressively but didnt fully commit. Hook pulled on 1 and the rest just wanted to follow with their heads out the water. Then we stick out anchor pin in and my partner hooks into the first fish. after a short tinsle with him the hook pulls, then he throws back out and another one inhales it. That was our only fish caught and weighed 4.6lbs. I went 0 for 5 on reds :banghead but oh well thats fishing I SUCK AGAIN. At least I got to see some fish and got the blood rushing. I think it went well for us we did 0 prefishing or did not know 1" of the water we were fishing. There is a good fishery you all have in Pensacola... I look forward to fishing it more in the future. See you all in Destin.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Brant Peacher (4/5/2009)

We decided to launch at woodlawn because it would make our run shorter. We get the boat in the water and it gets stuck in the mud! Great! It took 25min to finally get our boat back floating. We finally take off and run about 10miles and realized we left our net in the truck. Sorry EGO! This day keeps getting better and better!

We had the same issue Saturday. We put in at Woodlawn and with the low tide you had to back off the concrete to get the boat to float off. Ended up getting stuck at the boatramp for about ten minutes. The only good thing was that their was no one behind us waiting to launch the boat. We called a friend that was able to pull us out of the mud. Ended up busting both tailights and bent our license plate to a "V":banghead. We only ended up with 4 trout then headed to Paradise to watch the way in, eat a mahi sandwich and have a :letsdrink. I have never seenFlipper so many times in the sound. Every flat we went to had atleast one pod hunting.:doh Maybe all the freshwater in the bay has made them relocate? Defiantly pisses you off when you cant get away from the damn Dolphins.

·
Registered
26 Posts

well guys another tournament and another WINDY day. anyway i figure that after two years of windy conditons we should be getting good at fightin it. Pic is Bill Lipscomb and Bob Hoard. Team Red Tracker! after our most hanious day last month in PC i was looking forward to this one. even after the postponement, our day started with someone being late(real late) but he showed up and caught fish. i guess that extra sleep time payed off.launched at Oreole and wentacross the bay found nothing. last report i got was don't fish north side its to dirty. well when i went to pick up bob i spooked 2 from docks close to ramp. that changed my mind so we stayed on north side almost all day. bob hooks up 10 minutes later and we are on the board. then i catch a small but legal trout, then red #2 for bob. we got hung up on a pilling with the sock and it was caos for a minute then bob broke a rod( think he stepped on it) so our day wasn't all good but it will do. sure was looking foward to the buffet but hey its cool. thanks to our sponsors and all the competitors. and yea i do fish mainly saltwater in my Tracker boat. maybe a winning lotto number might get me a new flats boat but i doubt it. looking forward to the next one. as always. we still have perfect attendance. and i hope the bay clears up in 2 weeks was out by hogtown working today and the bay was BROWN as far as i could see and of course very windy. if anyone out there ever want to get out and fish look me up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts