Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming to Destin 5/29-6/3 and looking for a charter for my family. Wife and 12yr old girl. Neither of them are big fisherman, but I suspect my girl could be shown the way if I could get her on some fish...more catching, less fishing. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm also considering a bay trip or other to help keep cost down if needed.
Thanks for any and all ideas,
sq

·
Registered
62 Posts
Give capt Preston muller with gulf-angler charters a call. Went out with him Monday and today of this week. Hammered fish both days! Limits of kings and amberjack a lots of throw back red snapper, a few gags and sharks. He has very reasonable rates and really goes all out to put you on fish.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Check out Sweet Jody. Its a deep sea charter, great prices and the will put you on the fish. I have never left with out a full stringer!!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The price for an inshore trip vs a nearshore (offshore really) trip is negligible. Unless your daughter is afraid of being a bit offshore Id take her on the offshore trip. Not only does the action tend to be faster but the fish fight a bit harder. Its also less complex than many inshore trips as all shed have to do is drop down. Not to mention youd have a greater chance of running into dolphins and seaturtles as well as other critters the kiddos love to see!

Id avoid any party boat and keep it just you three on a smaller center console, again if you want to turn her on to fishing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts