Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum. I just moved to Navarre and I’m looking for information in regards to bass fishing spots. Any suggestions? I’m an avid fisher but have no idea where to begin here. Any information would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have been getting bass in the creeks. Use Google maps,find a creek,find a ramp and catch a bass.

Weightless wacky worm worked slowly in downed trees and outside bends have been my best spots.
~JOE~

169 Posts
Welcome Ike. Good advice from Joe. The bass fishing can be tough here which is why I usually fish part of the day for bass and if they don't cooperate, I move out and fish for redfish or something else to save the day. The rivers all have bass as well as a ton of fish that will test your gear (stripers, redfish, etc). Generally, bass are smaller on the lower ends of the rivers and bigger on the upper ends. Lots and lots of water to learn. Best baits are lightly weighted trick worms and senkos. Small buzzbaits in the morning. Concentrate on wood and grass cover as well as points and eddys. I wrote a whole piece on tidal river fishing on my blog. You can check it out, or not, your choice. Good luck. PM me if you have any questions and I'll see if I can help you out. There are many many better bass fishermen on here than I am so pick their brains! Jack

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
For whatever reason, in this dark tanic water I have had very good luck using a charteuse pepper zoom u-tail worm, lightly weighted. Otherwise, advice as noted. The bass here generally aren't really that big, but they are scrappy from living in current. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts