Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy is looking to buy an ATV. Must be 500cc or larger, must be a 4x4.
MUST NOT BE: an Artic Cat, Kawasaki, or a Suzuki... Also must be not ragged out or bogged to death, he can do that himself....... Looking for a Grizzly, Polaris, Honda, or Canam... Paying cash....:thumbsup:

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
polaris come ragged out from day 1.
Here we go!!!! I actually got a hell of a deal on a 800 outlander since we last had this conversation. I still ride the POPO though, and it's still digging and hanging with the canam.....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
seriously though, Id stay clear of a grizz 660 unless you keep it on small tires and out of the water. terrible front driveshaft design and rear diff will never hold seals.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:whistling::whistling::whistling:

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pinney, sticky this to the top...... People just keep posting stuff for sale, and just don't care for my needs.... I'm gonna need this stickyed...... Wade? Chase? Anyone?:001_huh:

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sticky please!!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
lolz i had a 2004 yamaha blaster that could skip over around or right thru anything the big toys would and it was cheap as hell to run and weighed like 300 lbs so it was kinda hard to kill urself from a rollover unless you smacked a tree just right, just my .02, dont count out the little blaster, i had a friend in highschool get killed when a 700 grizzly came over backwards on him when the tire grabbed a root in a deep mudhole, trapped him under 2ft of water and he drowned before anyone could get it off him.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a blaster right out of high school. It doesn't stand a chance against what we are running..... We are bogging deep, and in some creeks up to the bars.... 2wd or 2stroke will get destroyed before we get started good.....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i was just making the point mullet that it can be done, i did it for a year myself, just gotta get creative with your path when your working with a blaster, but thats why i got one is because that little thing could squeeze into gaps that some dirtbikes had trouble with. i definitely miss being out there as often as i was before i got my sailboat.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was just making the point mullet that it can be done, i did it for a year myself, just gotta get creative with your path when your working with a blaster, but thats why i got one is because that little thing could squeeze into gaps that some dirtbikes had trouble with. i definitely miss being out there as often as i was before i got my sailboat.
I agree with you, I had an 87 banshee, and a blaster. But after you pushed hem to their limits that's it. We are pushing big 4x4's to their limiters on every ride, matter of fact no winch and you won't make it where we ride... The 2wd sport class wheelers can't hold a candle to a snorked, lifted with 28"-30" tires in deep water or mud...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I miss my Big Red...ask some of the milton folks about where a Big Red will go... followed a 700 on 30" 'backs with little trouble. It did have custom cut tires though.:) And by the way where do ya ride?

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ride in south Milton, Robinson/garçon pt. area. Also in Walnut hill, lots of Jay riding also.....

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blasters won't go here.......RUFUS.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts