Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

My family is taking a vacation to Orange Beach next week, and I'm looking for information on fishing and crabbing. I've been here before and fished the state park pier as well as Perdido Pass Bridge, with no luck at either. So hoping to get some advice to where and what to try. I'd also like to try catching some blue crabs. Sounds like fun but know nothing about doing it, either buying a trap or just using a line tied to a bait. The condo we are staying as is in Terry Cove right at Perdido Pass so I do plan to try there again. Also there are boat docks where we are staying and they supposedly allow fishing from the docks, which would be nice.

Any advice/information that you can give to help me target fish/crabs, very much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello All!

My family is taking a vacation to Orange Beach next week, and I'm looking for information on fishing and crabbing. I've been here before and fished the state park pier as well as Perdido Pass Bridge, with no luck at either. So hoping to get some advice to where and what to try. I'd also like to try catching some blue crabs. Sounds like fun but know nothing about doing it, either buying a trap or just using a line tied to a bait. The condo we are staying as is in Terry Cove right at Perdido Pass so I do plan to try there again. Also there are boat docks where we are staying and they supposedly allow fishing from the docks, which would be nice.

Any advice/information that you can give to help me target fish/crabs, very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Go to the grocery store & pick up some pealed shrimp from the seafood section. Put some kosher salt all over the shrimp in a tupperware container for a few days & drain it as needed. This is not necessary but will make them tougher so they stay on the hook better. Fish a standard bottom rig or a dropper rig with a 1/0 circle hook & a half a piece of the shrimp in any on those locations. You should catch something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts