Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

a close family is member serving at NASP and can shore fish in the bay there. I want to send them a pole and tackle to them. Can you give me some advice on what to send and how to fish there? I am a complete beginner on saltwater. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I have an 8’ medium 3/4-4 oz 10-20 pound rig right infront of me. Will that work? What kind of line? Thanks for your help in advance!

BadgerBen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey all,

a close family is member serving at NASP and can shore fish in the bay there. I want to send them a pole and tackle to them. Can you give me some advice on what to send and how to fish there? I am a complete beginner on saltwater. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I have an 8’ medium 3/4-4 oz 10-20 pound rig right infront of me. Will that work? What kind of line? Thanks for your help in advance!

BadgerBen
NASP Naval Air Station Pensacola

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Some great fishing off NAS. We used to catch some nice flounder just off the East end of the Sea wall where the buoy tender and cutter are moored. Unfortunately civilians cannot get that close in a boat any longer.

A spinning rod with 20# line should be all he needs.
Most fish in that area can be caught on that.
I‘ve caught 100# Tarpon on a cobia rod. 25# line..in the Keys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some great fishing off NAS. We used to catch some nice flounder just off the East end of the Sea wall where the buoy tender and cutter are moored. Unfortunately civilians cannot get that close in a boat any longer.

A spinning rod with 20# line should be all he needs.
Most fish in that area can be caught on that.
I‘ve caught 100# Tarpon on a cobia rod. 25# line..in the Keys
What kind of tackle should I send down for shore fishing there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts